“Excellent Food with Great View”
Review of El Gordo

El Gordo
Ranked #27 of 107 Restaurants in Trancoso
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

Special Place in Quadrado with a gorgeous view from the Cliff and very outstanding food! Must Go for sure!

Reviewed 3 January 2017

I reluctantly ordered an octopus, luckily I believed the waiter, and it was delicious. My wife order a filet risoto, it was ok, nothing special.

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Great food here and an amazing setting. However the service is terrible. We had to beg to get on the list to get a table, the food took about two hours to get served. Food is good but not worth the bad service. Go for a drink.

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

Been there with a party of 8 friends. The spot has certainly one of best views of the city. Unfortunately the food and service did not correspond to the ambient. I've ordered an octopus rice and my girlfriend a salted cod baked in the oven. Both plates were terrible. The cod was dry, mushy as a havaiana Flip flop. The octopus rice had no seasoning at all. The "broth" that the rice was cooked was probably only water and squid ink, which didn't result in a pretty dish (check pic below).
In summary: A place that charges brl120 for a plate should deliver something better. People come here just to feel fancy and enjoy the view, which really worth it.

My suggestion: just have a drink at the bar and enjoy the landscape.

Cheers

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

I visited here as I was staying nearby and instantly wished I was staying at this location. A lovely bar and restaurant with a top class menu.