2,148 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

I just stayed one night at this hotel traveling to Praia do forte. This is a good option close to the airport. The hotel is impressive when you arrive with a nice lobby. The room has a good size but is old. The standard room has a very small Television, for the room size. The breakfast is good with many options but without any charm in the presentation of the food. The staff is friendly. This hotel could be an excellent option if they invest a little in upgrades.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel for some days at the beach. Perfect location - and very close to the airport, just a few minutes per Taxi and you are there. The hotel itself is ok - dont expect too much, typical Brasil leisure hotel. One nice thing is that they switch off the music at 10pm - even in high season - I like it!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 682franzl
S0L_Express, Gerente de relações com clientes at Gran Hotel Stella Maris Urban Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear Guest,

We are happy to know that you enjoyed our wonderful view of Stella Maris Beach, we are really in a privileged location in Salvador, and yes, very close from airport.

Come back whenever you need, you'll always be welcome.

Best regards,
Sol Express Network, Customer Relationship Center.

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

Highlights include view from a seafront room and the breeze. Mini golf was a nice surprise. Food in the restaurant and bar was not so good (I wonder why not improving it) but the food from the food truck by the pool was. Beach is not great and it is not exactly safe to dive or swim. Staff was sometimes friendly, but not always. Fitness center really needs to be renovated.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
S0L_Express, Gerente de relações com clientes at Gran Hotel Stella Maris Urban Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Hello Roberto,

We’d like to thank you for choosing the Gran Hotel Stella Maris as your lodging option in Salvador and thank you for yours compliments about our area. It’s very good to know that we surprise you with some services like the mini golf and the food truck.

Regarding the observations we have already passed to the responsible sectors as suggestions to be analyzed by our management, always seeking the excellence and renewal of our services.

The team of the Gran Hotel Stella Maris thank you for your review here on Tripadvisor and we hope to see you back very soon.

Best Regards,
Sol Express Network, Customer Relationship Center.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

I stopped by for 3 nights and I had a very bad impression since the check in experience...it took me 20 minutes to wait for my time to check in although the person was really nice. Room is no so lightly and there were only 2 hangers and the minibar was empty. During my first night, I realized that the power was off by 5am and I called front desk to have somebody looking at my room but nobody showed up until my second call. Breakfast was good and I have still one night to go but the experience so far is not good

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2017

The check process is very slow...they should have another desk with computers and staff for such a big hotel...with one desk for check-in and one for check-out.

The first room they gave me had lots of black mold on shower walls...of course I complained and was transferred to another room.

The internet has spotty coverage and every 2 days you have to go to reception and wait on line to get another access code...a very stupid system.

The staff tries their best despite the limitations and rules imposed by the management.

Breakfast is all you can eat buffet style of Brazilian breakfast favorites with a chef that prepares omelettes and Brazilian crepes to order. My only complaint is that the fruit juices are watered down.

I did not eat lunch or dinner at the hotel, there are tons of options a few block away on the main street and even some beach shacks with food.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family