2,571 results
All reviews infinity pool nespresso coffee machine a sea view room accor hotels tapioca accor group nice pool the atlantic ocean i highly recommend this hotel an upgrade comfortable room spoke english the air conditioning fruit rio beaches gym
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed in a twin room for 2 nights on arrival in Salvador before flying to Ilheus. The reception staff were very welcoming and my platinum Accor card got an upgrade to an ocean view. This was lovely but the hotel has no balconies which is a shame. The room was basic (especially for a Mercure) and the airconditioning was not effective. As we arrived late on a Saturday night we had a light dinner in the restaurant which was not impressive, my Caesar salad was mostly iceberg lettuce with a minimal amount of chicken and strange salty cheese. Caipirinhas were ok but if you ask for sweetner instead of sugar best practise is to provide the bottle of zero-cal so that the customer can add to their taste. The pool however was great, very clean and at least 20M end to end so if you pick your time right it is possible to get a « proper » swim here. Breakfast was plentiful and varied, with a very hardworking lady cooking omelettes and tapioca pancakes.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Mercure Salvado... R, Gerente geral at Mercure Salvador Rio Vermelho, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Dear Julia H,,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Mercure Salvador Rio Vermelho Hotel. We are happy to know that you were pleased with our accommodations.
I am sorry that your restaurant experience did not meet your expectations; allow me to express my sincerest apologies. We are constantly improving this service and you feedback helps us take appropriated measures. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Stunning property located directly on the Atlantic Ocean. The hotel is perched on a rocky cliff and there are small beaches to the right and left of the hotel. Service in all departments was efficient and helpful. Housekeeping was good and I found our room clean (with the exception of the air vents in the room) clean. The breakfast buffet was standard Brazilian with plenty of fresh fruit, baked goods, Nespresso, eggs / tapioca cooked to order, cold cuts, etc. Our room overlooked the sea and we had the window open all nights (7 days) and enjoyed the sound of the crashing waves. The pool area was nice (bar service) however at this time of the year, the area turns to all shade at 2PM. Like most pools in Brasil, it is not heated in the winter months which may be a problem for some people (mostly Brazilians) but it was fine after the initial plunge.
Two areas that were a problem: during various times of the day, a strong sewer gas smell was noticeable in the room and I found the fitness center very basic and the equipment was not clean. The neighborhood is quaint and there are various restaurants within walking distance. Overall, I would recommend this property as the offerings in Salvador are somewhat limited.

Room tip: Ocean view room
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mercure Salvado... R, Gerente geral at Mercure Salvador Rio Vermelho, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear RFBoston,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at the Mercure Salvador Rio Vermelho Hotel. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our swimming pool, its amazing view of the beach and that our breakfast met your expectations. Your comments on the cleanness of the fitness center are very welcome, that is not our standard service, be sure that we will address this problem carefully.
We look forward to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

A seafront hotel with beautiful views of the beaches to either side and the hypnotic background drumming of the waves breaking below. The room was fine, staff friendly and the conference venue was good and well serviced. The pool looked very nice though I didn't get the chance to have a dip.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank michaeltD7673FH
Mercure Salvado... R, Gerente de recepção at Mercure Salvador Rio Vermelho, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Dear Michael,
Thank you for your great review about our hotel! We are glad to know that you enjoyed your time here with us and that all your needs were met.
We look forward to welcome you again very soon and we hope you can swim at the pool next time!

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

I have been staying at Mercure hotels in Brazil since 2001. I had always considered them to be a good value proposition for business travelers. Over the past several years, I have perceived a notable drop off in service and a deterioration of Infraestructure.

This downward trend hit a new (and below minimal acceptable standards) during my most recent visit to Mercure Rio Vermelho in Salvador.

Poor and confusing service at reception upon arrival. WIFI that did not immediately work; it took the 30 min to sort it out.

My room was in very poor condition and in desperate need of basic maintanence and refurbishing/upgrade. I must have had the worst room in the hotel: on the first floor overlooking a dreary rock garden and com create wall. The only positive aspect of the room was that I had a view of the next hotel I will stay at in Salvador...The Pestana.

Was this review helpful? Please let me know by clicking on the helpful button below.

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank Knownews
Mercure Salvado... R, Gerente geral at Mercure Salvador Rio Vermelho, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear Knownews,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Mercure Salvador Rio Vermelho Hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not live up to your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
The guest experience is extremely important to us, as well as your opinion about the hotel. Recentely, we begun a complete refurbishing at all rooms. That way we beleve we are going to meet the expectation of our clients with new accommodations and modern items in the rooms.
Best regards,

Reviewed 19 March 2018

The Mercure Salvador Rio Vermelho hotel has everything you need for a relaxing holiday. There is a big pool overlooking the ocean, a gym and sauna. It is located within walking distance of restaurants and other shopping. The room I had was very nice and I had a great view of the ocean. The food in the restaurant was very good. I have breakfast and dinner in the hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Room tip: Ask for an ocean view
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Mercure Salvado... R, Gerente geral at Mercure Salvador Rio Vermelho, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Dear Amy,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at the Mercure Salvador Rio Vermelho Hotel. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our swimming pool and its amazing view of the ocean.
We look forward to welcome you again very soon.