“Living in an friendly environment”
Be welcome!
One of our atmospheric apartments with individual kitchen, bathroom, ar, Wi-Fi, Sky, LED-TV, cofre One of our atmospheric apartments with individual kitchen, bathroom, ar, Wi-Fi, Sky, LED-TV, cofre
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
A kitchen view
The entrance area
The reception area
Be welcome!
The house front of the Mansion
You will like it!
One of our atmospheric with individual kitchen, bathroom, ar, Wi-Fi, Sky, LED-TV, cofre
A room detail
A room detail
An outside view of the Mansion
A typical kitchen
Upstairs
The garden terrace with hammocks
A typical bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Traveloci...
Cape Town - South Africa
“ITS A DUMP”
Reviewed 12 January 2012 for a stay in January 2012

when I made the reservation (based on reviews) the owner was very pleasant and helpful and arrange transport to collect me. Once I arraived at the house (around 10pm), the driver of the car let me in and gave me the keys to my room. There was no-one to greet and show me the room.

I decided to take a quick walk and get something to eat as I had just flown in from Rio, the area was very degraded and I felt a little insecure. I found a filling station that had a convenience store and a rather dubiously looking pizza restuarant next to it. I order a pizza and after having to raise my legs off the ground to keep from being harrassed by cockroaches, I decided to just call it a nght. The aircon did not work, neither the TV and the room was furnished very basically.

The towels had seen better days and the place was a little run down.

The establishment is on the very outskirts of Barra and only a slight improvement on a favella. I woke early, make a reservation at another establishment and checked out.

The price of the room was BR150 per night for the room. The new place was fanstatic at BR130 (including breakfast).... there are better options in Barra and one should consider them first.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Nothing
Liked least: Everything
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
4 Apr 2015
I am sorry that you did not like the apartment and do not want to an comment what you have complained about.

Interested people might want to look other opinions.
The apartment is located at the VillaVerde - Pousada & Vacation Rentals in the centre of Barra. Look for "Serviced Apartment in Barra, ideal location, Wi-Fi", another option at the same location. It is virtually the same apartment, just a little bigger. It has been rated completely different (100%, 5 stars, 13 reviews).

You may also verify ratings at
- Booking.com Rating: 8.7, fabulous, 25 surveys,
- Tripadvisor 100%, 5 stars, position 9 out of 138, 71 reviews

I hope to welcome you one day at the Mansion.
Best regards.
Munich
Reviewed 31 July 2011 for a stay in October 2010

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing