US$49
Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$48
  • Breakfast included
Ajuricaba Backpackers Hostel(Manaus)(Great Value!)
US$26
US$117
  • Pool
Amanda Suites(Manaus)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 July 2015

I stayed here one night, arriving at 4 am and if it hadn't been so early in the morning I would have turned and walked back out. I was shown to a room that had no windows and no blanket / cover for the bed. I ended up sleeping in my towel. This I could have stomached but the bathroom was a different story. It clearly hadn't been cleaned since the last guest...the bin was full of rubbish, there were shaving hairs all over the sink, clumps of hair in the shower drain and to top it off....poo still in the toilet!!! I was supposed to stay in this hotel a second night at the end of my trip but couldn't stomach it and found a far superior hotel in Manaus for not much more money.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2015 via mobile

I stayed here the night before my jungle your and the two nights after. I chose this hotel for the price and central location and my only expectation was having a place to sleep. I have stayed at crappy hostels as well as five star hotels and am pretty flexible when it comes to accommodation as long as the basic requirement of a comfortable place to sleep is met, and this is where the Colonial fell short: although it looks great from the outside, the rooms are clustered around the reception area and as such you hear everything that is going on--such as the night receptionist talking loudly and watching a loud TV till 1-2 am, and the morning activities starting at around 6 am. Even with earplugs, I had to ask the receptionists to turn down the TV every night--given how close the rooms are and the fact there is no sound isolation in the rooms, this is something that they should be aware of. You also feel like you have no privacy since the room is literally located right by the reception area.

Another issue which made a good night's rest difficult was the fact that the mattress was covered in plastic underneath the sheets, which felt quite uncomfortable especially given the humidity in Manaus (though the AC worked very well).

Positives for the Colonial are the extremely nice, friendly staff, the central location (10-15 minute walk to the theater and the Carrefour supermarket) and the breakfast which includes tasty Amazon juices such as cupuaçu. However, for me these were overridden by the noise issues I mentioned above, especially since Manaus has little nightlife and most tourists are there for jungle tours (which all have early departures), therefore a quiet room to sleep in is a basic requirement.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 December 2014

The hotel is a nicely restored colonial building with large rooms and high ceilings. It is located near to downtown in an apparently safe area close to a pedestrianized shopping street. The room, while basic, was clean and generally comfortable and the AC was quiet and worked well.
The breakfast is limited in selection and quantity, and there are limited options on TV. When I checked in, they attempted to put me in an interior room beside reception (no windows). I requested a room with a window and was moved to a much nicer room with exterior windows. Other travellers have noted this same issue, so don't accept the worst (interior) room as a given if that is what you are first assigned. There is no room safe. Despite what others have said, I did not find reception especially friendly, Overall, good value for money (cash only payment). While it is located on a busy (but not large) street, I did not notice noise to be a problem.

There are few eating places in area, especially after 6 pm or on Sunday (this issue is common to central Manaus, which rolls up the carpets and goes home at about 6 pm. Finding an eating place in the evening is a general concern).

Room Tip: Ask for room with window if they try to put you in interior room next to reception.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We had a triple room wich was big enough and clean.
A/C was functioning well and was not too noisy, so we could rest well.
The breakfast was quite poor.
The area was quite safe, we were walking around after dark and it was OK.
I think it's a good choice for one night before or after a jungle tour.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Radu S
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The son of the owner, Neto, speaks english very well and picked us up late night at the airport. He was very friendly and showed us next day the lokal fish, food and banana market and the rest of the city. The hotel is a lovely Colonial building and only a few meters away from the Theatro Amazon and the city centre. Most of the rooms are very big, but they have also 1 or 2 very small and simple rooms. Included breakfast is basic, but the roll filled with fried egg was delicious. It was served in a small bistro/kitchen and the cost effectiveness for accomodation and breakfast for 100,00 RIAL is ok. Altogether it`s a nice place to explore Manaus or the stopover for going on a cruise. WIFI is available in every room and a public computer is located in the near of the reception. Next time we will stay there again. :-)

Room Tip: Bei Reservierung nach den großen Zimmern fragen, die kleinen sind etwas sehr spartanisch. Ansonsten alles ok, besonders die Freundlichkeit und Hilfe des Personals.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple