US$47
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$57/night.

US$50
US$114
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
US$43
TripAdvisor
All reviewsopera houseone nightteatro amazonastwo blocksrecommend this hotelnice hoteljungle tripshort stayperfect locationamazon tourroom was spaciousair conthe rivertheatreraquelsquareluggage
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We used the hotel for coming and leaving the Amazone area.
So 2 times one night with a family of 5!
Perfect location close to the Teatro Amazonas, 5 minutes walk.
Hotel is clean and good. Good wifi connection!
Only the personnel was very unfriendly and not there to service the guests!
The restaurant of the hotel is very poor, but there are good restaurants on the square of the Teatro.
Good place for spending the night before entering a resort in the Amazone!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
SabrinaSouza, Gerente at Hotel Saint Paul, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear guest, we thank you immensely for choosing Hotel Saint Paul to enjoy your time in Manaus.
Thank you so much for the feedback.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel is situated in a really nice location, close to all the top attractions ad restaurants. The breakfast was ok, basic Brazilian breakfast and the staff members were very helpful. The room has a safe, small fridge and aircon. Definitely good value for money.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2017

These are the problems:
1. Internet. They have two layers of passwords and the minute you phone goes dark - you are loosing the signal. Every time you have to enter second layer of passwords again. So if you are using what's up or skype or facetime, etc. people can not call you because you are off most of the time. Very annoying. Also very slow (like dial up in 90s)
2. Elevators are from the 19th century (I believe) and very hot.
3. Dining room is also hot, not sure why big AC there is not used more
4. Room is so-so. There is a desk in the room, but no chairs, so I am not sure how to use it short of pooling the bed to the desk.

Good:
1. Location is great, walking distance to the Theater and some shopping area with the supermarket.
2. View from some rooms must be good - you can see the river and the Theater
3. Staff is very good and helpful.
4. I can not compare with other hotels in Manaus - this was the only one I stayed at.

Room Tip: I would suggest high floor and river side for the view.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear guest, we thank you immensely for choosing Hotel Saint Paul to enjoy your time in Manaus and we will be working to improve the points you have mentioned. Thank you so much for the feedback.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here on two separate nights (before and after a 3-day jungle tour) and ended up in the same room. The room was rather aged and the mattress in poor condition. Then there is the terrible selection of noise - the pipes make a racket when the WC is flushed. Then there is noise from the outside that the windows could not stop - vehicles and loud music well into the night followed by howling dogs in the early hours of the morning.
The good thing is probably the location - close to the Teatro Amazonia where the are some good eateries; a longer walk brings you to a shopping area.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
SabrinaSouza, Gerente at Hotel Saint Paul, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear host, how are you?

Thank you for rating us and we appreciate your feedback!
Every staff at Hotel Saint Paul is extremely grateful for your detailed comments. We are sorry for your negative impressions, we are working to improve the points you have mentioned.
But once thanks for evaluating us and hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

I spent just one night at this hotel, but it was sufficient for me to decide this would be the place to stay during my next visit as well. Here are things I liked about the place:

The hotel was located in a great area; In few minutes' walking distance, one could reach the opera house, a couple of public squares, and good restaurants. One also could find street food vendors one of which I tried and really enjoyed.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. At least one staff member spoke fluent English. Another staff member helped me find a tour guide on short notice, to take me to see "the meeting of waters" and do a city tour, which turned out to be a good choice. The staff also gave good tips on restaurants.

I got a room on the 13th floor, which gave me a panoramic view of the east side of Manaus. I also enjoyed viewing the city lights at night and the sunrise in the morning.

The room was spacious, clean, had all amenities, a safety box, and hot/cold water shower with good water pressure. There was free Wi-Fi, and a large selection of TV channels in several languages. The mini-bar had mineral water for a dollar.

Room price included a sumptuous breakfast. The restaurant also served lunch and dinner, but there was a choice of restaurants in the vicinity. It was, however, good to be able to get a last minute drink from the restaurant at night. The hotel did not have so much of a bar where one could sit and sip a drink.

For those who exercise, the hotel had a small round pool and a well-equipped gym.

Some helpful hints:

I had room number 1134-1 (this was on the 13th floor) very close to the elevator. It was either a pretty old elevator or an old system; it was making a lot of noise. So, try to get a room away from the elevator if you can.

If you do not speak Portuguese, come prepared, at least with few common phrases that would be useful to find a restaurant, a last minute tour guide etc. I am not really sure if Spanish would help that much because I spoke European Portuguese, but I really had to concentrate to get their accent and the different meanings for the same word.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay here and I highly recommend this hotel to those who want to stay close to the city center.

Room Tip: try to stay away from the elevator, which makes a lot of noise when moving
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank SunnyW358
SabrinaSouza, Gerente at Hotel Saint Paul, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Dear host, how are you?

Thank you for rating us and we appreciate your feedback!
Every staff at Saint Paul Hotel is extremely grateful for your detailed comments so that you can see through your eyes and realize how important your opinion is to our work.
But once thanks for evaluating us and hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards.