“Wanchako takes the experiente of Peruvian food to another level!”

Restaurante Wanchako
Ranked #23 of 2,292 Restaurants in Maceio
Cuisines: Seafood, Peruvian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Jatiuca
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

I was in Maceio for 4 days and after my first dining experience at Wanchako I couldn't help but go back the next evening.
Whether you'Ve tried (and are fond of) Peruvian food or not, you're gonna love it! It's a beautiful and perfect mix of tropical ingredients, fine cuisine and great environment. The chef is a lovely person and when I got there the second evening I told her to select what she thought would makes us happy and I couldn't have chosen better. A wonderful selection of ceviche, octopus tiraditos with fresh coconut, mango, lime.
Oh my. It was so good.
Highly recommend it if you want to enjoy a delicious and refreshing pisco followed by Yummie food after a day at the beach.
Gosto Wanchako and you will fall in love as I did!

1  Thank Carolina B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,838)

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

We came here with another couple who know the area well. The selection of fish was great. We had fish dishes. One had black rice and the other was the house special with shiitake mushrooms. We had a few bottles of Chilean Chardonnay to go with it. We would definitely come back.

Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

We sit down in the large dining room around 19:00. Only one other party here at this time. We didn't realize the waiters who had nothing to do would make this area their break room. 3 waiters stood behind us laughing and talking casually for 20 minutes without stopping before we decided to get up and move to a different room. This all happened before anyone asked for a drink order. The waiters were unbelievably unprofessional, several of them staring at my girlfriend making her feel very uncomfortable. The food was pretty good. But the service along with the prices made this a terrible experience. Hard to believe they can't find waiters who will actually take their job seriously.

2  Thank jgravi
Reviewed 8 April 2016

Located just off the sea-front in town centre. Very neat and clean place, high standard of cooking, long menu, good wine and drink lists.
Really good staff, who do not speak English but found one guy who could speak a bit so we managed. No English menus.

Huge portions so watch what you order.

Exceptional cervice, try the mixed 5 style, then any of the fish and sea food dishes, which are well presented and well cooked.

Very busy so book ahead, also private rooms are available.

International standard and very good value...

1  Thank peterah
Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

Having read a number of reviews of this restaurant and a lover of Peruvian food this was high priority on the must visit when visiting Maceio.
However it didn't live up to most reviews.
Having visited the Peruvian Restaurant in Boa Viagem Recife which I found to be of a high standard. This restaurant is not in the same league.
The ambience was not good, there were a couple of children running around, and it was very noisy.
The waiters were not very attentive.
The menu lacked choice and everything was very expensive.
Overall a disappointment.