See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 November 2017

10 min. away from the station by taxi but I was okay with the location because there is nothing around the station. Walking distance to Kajimachi night life area, Hirosaki Castle, Nakasan Department Store.

Breakfast venue on the upper floor which you can see Mt. Iwaki and Hirosaki City is not bad.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

Very old and worn furniture. Extremely small washroom. Although many of the Japan hotel uses mold washroom, It is the smallest one I have been. Staff spoke little English, and not friendly as most of the Japan hotel. But I won't say they are bad manner.

I thought the hotel was a office building, you have to use a long narrow escalator to reach the hotel lobby.

Nothing really goes wrong, it is just the price. I think I pay 3-4 times higher than the normal as I visit at the cherry blossom season. And a hotel like this really not worth that price.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

The room was small like a lot of Japanese hotel rooms. The bathroom was extremely small, but no points against them for that. There was nothing wrong with room. It was all just average. Oh yea, stayed one night and parking was 3100 yen. So don't park across the street from it.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

We booked this hotel three months in advance and got almost the last room - because we were arriving right at the start of the cherry blossom festival.
The rooms are small (like all hotels here - just the way it is) and if you get a twin single you lose most of the floor space as the second bed is a wall fold out. If you have a baby (like us) most travel portacots wouldn't fit; we took a Phil & Ted travel bassinet and had no problem.
Rooms are old but comfy. Breakfast was a good blend of Japanese and western options. Amazing view of Mt Iwaki too.
It's a twenty minute walk to the station, and a twenty minute walk to the castle. Lots of local restaurants just out the front door, and the people everywhere are welcoming.
Hotel team were very polite and when we arrived and had trouble with the pram (no lift to ground level), a gentleman grabbed our pram and RAN it all the way up two flights. Commitment!
Overall, a good stay in a great location.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2015

I booked this last minute through Hotels.com and didn't have high hopes as it was relatively cheap. The hotel is about 15 min walk from the train station, so not as convenient as the one next to the train station. The room was small but clean and typical for Japan. Check in was efficient and the hotel is pretty nice - they host weddings here. Buffet breakfast was included and is served on the rooftop which offers a great view over Hirosaki. The breakfast was a lovely mix of Japanese and Western. I'm an adventurous eater so I tried all the local foods and it was tasty.
This was probably the best value room/breakfast I had in 3 weeks in Japan. Even though the hotel is not close to the train station, it is closer to city centre (although the town is really not that big!)

Date of stay: August 2015