“Needs WORK”
Review of San Juan Motel

San Juan Motel
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Reviewed 17 August 2017

While the staff was very nice, the hotel is in need of modernizing. The beds CREAK when you sit on them. The towels were soft, but we had to keep asking for a bath mat. The hotel is clean, overall, but the curtains need to be replaced as well as the bedspreads. We would have moved, but we had to pay for all the nights up front. That should have been a clue that we might have wanted to go somewhere else. Not only did both of the beds in our room creak, but we could hear the neighbors' bed creak when they sat down.

There was no elevator and the stairs were steep and narrow. Carrying our suitcases up and down those stairs was precarious, to say the least.

The parking spaces are tiny and there really aren't enough of them.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 August 2017

I was scheduled to run the Anacortes Half Marathon on Aug 5. I made reservation at the San Juan Motel in Jun. On Aug 2, I got a call from the San Juan motel to tell me they were overbooked and they were canceling my reservation. They knew I ( at least should have) that the entire city was sold out for rooms. No concern for the money I had to commit to the race organization. No reason provided. Avoid this place at all cost.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

It is nice place to stay even near by downtown.. and 1 mile with ferry and the staff is super friendly.
And and they really like my pet they were so nice when I said I have a dog who will be staying with us.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

This is an older hotel but freshly painted and very clean. The managers who I think may also own it are very nice and accommodating. I couldn't lock the exterior deadbolt, there seemed to be a little (tiny, literally, so I'm not positive) mold issue in the bathroom, and the paint in the shower was peeling a little. Everything else was great! I did not ask for help or advice about the deadbolt, but likely it could have been remedied easily. Two flat screen TVs in this room with s king bed, queen bed and sofa. I'd stay again in a heartbeat. The kitchen was old fashioned in style but apparently new and super clean. No funny smells. Very close to the fun street with all the shops and cute restaurants - like a block away - and therefore quiet and very convenient. Five of us stayed for about $80. Can't beat it!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

The staff were helpful, clear and nice
The motel was clean and sweet. A little older, well maintained. Somewhat retro. Fresh paint, most comfortable beds. Kitchenette breezeway separates beds. Safe, downtown Anacortes. I loved it. Everything about San Juan Motel was enjoyable and easy. New favorite place to stay between Orcas Island and mainland.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo