See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 August 2017

I was scheduled to run the Anacortes Half Marathon on Aug 5. I made reservation at the San Juan Motel in Jun. On Aug 2, I got a call from the San Juan motel to tell me they were overbooked and they were canceling my reservation. They knew I ( at least should have) that the entire city was sold out for rooms. No concern for the money I had to commit to the race organization. No reason provided. Avoid this place at all cost.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

It is nice place to stay even near by downtown.. and 1 mile with ferry and the staff is super friendly.
And and they really like my pet they were so nice when I said I have a dog who will be staying with us.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

This is an older hotel but freshly painted and very clean. The managers who I think may also own it are very nice and accommodating. I couldn't lock the exterior deadbolt, there seemed to be a little (tiny, literally, so I'm not positive) mold issue in the bathroom, and the paint in the shower was peeling a little. Everything else was great! I did not ask for help or advice about the deadbolt, but likely it could have been remedied easily. Two flat screen TVs in this room with s king bed, queen bed and sofa. I'd stay again in a heartbeat. The kitchen was old fashioned in style but apparently new and super clean. No funny smells. Very close to the fun street with all the shops and cute restaurants - like a block away - and therefore quiet and very convenient. Five of us stayed for about $80. Can't beat it!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

The staff were helpful, clear and nice
The motel was clean and sweet. A little older, well maintained. Somewhat retro. Fresh paint, most comfortable beds. Kitchenette breezeway separates beds. Safe, downtown Anacortes. I loved it. Everything about San Juan Motel was enjoyable and easy. New favorite place to stay between Orcas Island and mainland.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2016

Horrible, Dirty, Rude Owner, Bad Business Practices-

Flecks of debris on the sheets and the bathroom floor, stained furniture and the owner refused to refund our money even though we decided not to stay. She tries to intimidate. This is the pit of Anacortes. I would stay in my car before coming here again. Better Business Bureau gives this place an F.

Room Tip: Rooms were noisy with questionable activity outside.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple