“Great Ramen, good sushi too”
Review of Yona

Yona
Reserve with OpenTable
Yona is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #144 of 896 Restaurants in Arlington
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Love Yona. We don't get to eat in very often but it is a go to for carry out and we love it. My go to is the ramen. I prefer the Miso Porky Ramen that has a nice deep and rich flavor and you can customize a little too. Chicken Noodle ramen is good too, a bit lighter. But both (that I've tried several times) combine a good broth with well developed flavors (that you can accent with heat without ruining) and spot on noodles, just the right firmness to them, and other excellent ingredients that you can mix and match (pork belly, corn, shrimp, etc). Absolutely delicious.

The poke bowls have also been a huge hit with our family. Again, quality ingredients and a good balances of spices and flavors, just very well put together and always fresh. Hard to argue with that.

Finally, a nod to the sushi. We usually order through the online delivery behemoth (I don't think I'm allowed to mention other services names) which I only mention because I don't know if the menu is any different for dine in. But the sushi menu we order from is less traditional sushi house rolls and more the combination type rolls that have sauces and things. Not a bad thing, It's actually very good sushi that I like very much. It's not necessarily what I'd order if, mostly, if I were getting sushi from my favorite sushi place, but it's still very good. Fish very fresh, well put together and all the flavors are nicely combined.

Can't recommend Yona enough. Love love love their food and their service. And the one time there was a mistake in service (delivery guy left one of the bags there) the manager drove it right over to us, apologized profusely and gave us a decent sized gift card. Big kudos there.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed dining at the bar, the service was excellent. The sushi rolls were fantastic, Tiger roll was fresh and spicy. Caterpillar roll a lovely dish. The nigiri was good, just a bit more rice and less fish. The lobster buns were a little disappointing, a mini bun lobster roll but not very flavorful. The space is small but efficient, and service was stellar. I look forward to going back and trying more menu items.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

This lovely and serene restaurant has some delicious ramen options as well as interesting cocktails. The place is lovely, the wait staff are pleasant and knowledgable. The food is good.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

The restaurant classifies under Korean, Ramen, Sushi Bar in some apps. I think it's more Asian. Their szechuan fries and veggie tempura were beyond delicious, the Baos (steamed buns), and their chicken noodles as well. I loved the service, it complemented the dinner very well. Will go back again!

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

A small, cozy experience. I had the blue crab ramen which was very tasty and well seasoned. Soft shell crab in a seafood broth. We shared the Szechwan fries and the gyoza. If you bring a child, order the grape soda. Definitely do again.