All reviewsthe indoor outdoor poolgeorgetown universityacross the bridgem streetan older propertypotomac riverhot tubroslyn metrodc arealocation is greatlobby areaan updatewhite housenational mallparking feefew blockshousekeeping staff
Reviewed 15 September 2017

In Washington DC, all hotels are obscenely overpriced for what is offered. It was on the inexpensive side so I knew it wasn't going to be "up to date". This seems to have been built in the era of bathroom phones (although there isn't one). The rooms and hallways are very dated and worn. The bathroom even has a drop ceiling. No mini fridge - which seems to be a prerequisite in this tier of hotel. They seem to have spent some money updating the restaurants/bar and the lobby. The concierge lounge is somewhat small and crowded but the staff in the lounge was wonderful and the highlight of the trip. They were warm and friendly, promptly and quietly kept the place clean and stocked and always had a friendly smile for everyone. Several people came in and even embraced the staff like long lost friends. The food and drink in the lounge is standard Mariott.

The location is interesting. Close to so much but not close to anything. Its about a half mile uphill walk to the Roslyn Metro Station but you can walk to the metro, take the blue line directly into the city, and walk to the white house in 20 minutes. That will beat an Uber or Lyft. However, it is sneaky close to Georgetown, If you notice, hotel prices in Georgetown are outrageous and the quality is universally poor for those high prices. This hotel is right across the river from the university, restaurants, and shops of Georgetown and its only a 15 minute walk to the center of the shopping district across the Francis Scott Key Bridge. That's as close as most of the other "Georgetown" hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a DC View or River View (toward Georgetown)
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 17 September 2017

Dear Neal K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Key Bridge Marriott with us.

I am very sorry our current appearance was not what you had anticipated. We strive to maintain the highest standards, not only in service, but also with regards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. Please rest assured your comments have been shared with the team in an effort to improve our service.
Although we fell short of meeting your expectations during your past stay, I hope you will consider Key Bridge Marriott on your next visit to Arlington so that we can better deliver upon the guest experience you deserve.

Carsyn Fritzler
Carsyn.Fritzler@Marriott.com

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I was here at this hotel on business and upon checking in I noticed how old the furniture and room looked. The phone is the ulgiest and oldest ever made. There was not a microwave or refrigerator either! The price is a complete RIP OFF. Even pulling up from the transportation service the hotel looks drab and unimpressive from the outside. The only area that is reasonable dressed up is the lobby area. My plumbing back up in my tub so when I took a shower the tub filled up with water as if I was taking a bath. Notice the grease stain on the chair in the photo I took on the headrest. This room is yucky... I couldn't Lysol enough. I just feel so yuck right now in this room and hate that I have to stay another night here. When I called the front desk is was met on the other line with rude front desk clerk Eleen. She told me the hotel was sold out so they could not move my room tonight but she did nothing further to try to accommodate me. Also I was given a double bed room when I requested king in the reservation. Please don't stay here if you have taste, class, and high standards regarding your lodging as I do!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Christina D, Administrative Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear MeticulousExplorer06,

I am very sorry our current appearance was not what you had anticipated. We strive to maintain the highest standards maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. As we strive to deliver a flawless guest experience, we would love to discuss your areas of concerns further. Whenever you have a moment, feel free to contact me directly at the e-mail address below so that we can continue our hotel operations.

Have a blessed day!
Christina Devairakkam
Christina.devairakkam@Marriott.com

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Over 2600 nights later I still go back here and enjoy all the amenities like being able to jog over the key bridge into Georgetown early morning when nobody is there or jogging along the Potomac River or the roof top dining room overlooking the skyline of DC --AWESOME !!!!

Room Tip: Potomac river view is best and also a higher floor
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Dear patdane2017,

Thank you for reviewing the Key Bridge Marriott on Trip Advisor, we highly appreciate your feedback. We are so happy you enjoy all the amenities we have to offer and we are delighted to hear that you still visit Key Bridge after many years!

Thank you!

Reviewed 12 September 2017

This was our second stay at the Key Bridge Marriott. My husband coaches a collegiate rugby team and we were in the area for a game. The team was checked in efficiently with all 14 rooms placed on the same floor as requested. I was the first to arrive and while our reservation was for a room with two double beds, I asked the gentleman if he could move my husband and I to a King room instead. Not only was he able to do that, but he upgraded us to a King Suite at no extra charge. He was one of the friendliest front desk attendants I have encountered and we travel often, domestic and international. Our room was quiet with a comfy bed, large bathroom and large windows. The mini fridge is always a plus for storing beverages and dinner leftovers. We enjoyed the Starbucks located within the hotel and will try the restaurant next time.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear LisaHowe0316,

Thank you for reviewing the Key Bridge Marriott on Trip Advisor, we truly appreciate it. I am glad you had a great stay with us at the Key Bridge Marriott. I am happy to hear that our host was able to go above and beyond for your during your stay.
We are glad you have a wonderful say and we hope to see you in the near future!

Have a blessed day!!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

I should have been attentive to the reviews. The place is basically going out of buisness very soon. Everything is old, ceilings are so close that I scratched my hand several times while changing. Everything is so enclosed that you might literally hear what is going on next door including showering. Room service? Forget about it, use your cell phone and call front desk. Restaurant is pricey and not family friendly. If the weather is nice, walk to a nearby restaurants. We had the worst luck on the first day which it literally rained 24hrs straight. We ordered Chinese and called it a night early. There is an indoor pool and outdoor. Keeps the kids happy for a while. I would not stay here again. Customer service was definitely unpleasant. I could have stayed at Motel 6, and probably made out well financially. Also fridge is hidden inside a three drawer TV stand.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Abbamin1
Christina D, Administrative Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Abbamin1,

Thank you for reviewing the Key Bridge Marriott on Trip Advisor, I am sorry to hear that you did not have a great stay with us. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for your overall experience at the Key Bridge Marriott. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this is corrected moving forward. Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Arlington.

Have a great day!