“3.5 stars hotel”

Key Bridge Marriott
Ranked #30 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Better than just a three star hotel but not quite four stars in my mind. Nice amenities like a pool, self service laundry. But the building I thought was strangely laid out. You have to curve around to get to your room.

Room was clean, modern TV. But walls are thin and I could hear normal conversations and the airplanes above. The bathroom was clean but annoying to me was that you had to hold up the toilet lid because it was placed too close to the bathroom counter to be fully opened.

Hotel is one third mile to Rosslyn train station. A 10 min walk. Still no shuttle bus to the station in the rain. Overall, a clean, decent hotel but not a landmark place.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Christina D, Administrative Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear macman2,

Thank you for reviewing the Key Bridge Marriott on Trip Advisor we truly appreciate it. As a valued guest of Marriott, we truly appreciate your feedback, as it allows us to improve for the future. Thank you.

We hope to see you in the near future.
Have a great day!
Christina D

Reviewed 15 September 2017

In Washington DC, all hotels are obscenely overpriced for what is offered. It was on the inexpensive side so I knew it wasn't going to be "up to date". This seems to have been built in the era of bathroom phones (although there isn't one). The rooms and hallways are very dated and worn. The bathroom even has a drop ceiling. No mini fridge - which seems to be a prerequisite in this tier of hotel. They seem to have spent some money updating the restaurants/bar and the lobby. The concierge lounge is somewhat small and crowded but the staff in the lounge was wonderful and the highlight of the trip. They were warm and friendly, promptly and quietly kept the place clean and stocked and always had a friendly smile for everyone. Several people came in and even embraced the staff like long lost friends. The food and drink in the lounge is standard Mariott.

The location is interesting. Close to so much but not close to anything. Its about a half mile uphill walk to the Roslyn Metro Station but you can walk to the metro, take the blue line directly into the city, and walk to the white house in 20 minutes. That will beat an Uber or Lyft. However, it is sneaky close to Georgetown, If you notice, hotel prices in Georgetown are outrageous and the quality is universally poor for those high prices. This hotel is right across the river from the university, restaurants, and shops of Georgetown and its only a 15 minute walk to the center of the shopping district across the Francis Scott Key Bridge. That's as close as most of the other "Georgetown" hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a DC View or River View (toward Georgetown)
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 17 September 2017

Dear Neal K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Key Bridge Marriott with us.

I am very sorry our current appearance was not what you had anticipated. We strive to maintain the highest standards, not only in service, but also with regards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. Please rest assured your comments have been shared with the team in an effort to improve our service.
Although we fell short of meeting your expectations during your past stay, I hope you will consider Key Bridge Marriott on your next visit to Arlington so that we can better deliver upon the guest experience you deserve.

Carsyn Fritzler
Carsyn.Fritzler@Marriott.com

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I was here at this hotel on business and upon checking in I noticed how old the furniture and room looked. The phone is the ulgiest and oldest ever made. There was not a microwave or refrigerator either! The price is a complete RIP OFF. Even pulling up from the transportation service the hotel looks drab and unimpressive from the outside. The only area that is reasonable dressed up is the lobby area. My plumbing back up in my tub so when I took a shower the tub filled up with water as if I was taking a bath. Notice the grease stain on the chair in the photo I took on the headrest. This room is yucky... I couldn't Lysol enough. I just feel so yuck right now in this room and hate that I have to stay another night here. When I called the front desk is was met on the other line with rude front desk clerk Eleen. She told me the hotel was sold out so they could not move my room tonight but she did nothing further to try to accommodate me. Also I was given a double bed room when I requested king in the reservation. Please don't stay here if you have taste, class, and high standards regarding your lodging as I do!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Christina D, Administrative Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear MeticulousExplorer06,

I am very sorry our current appearance was not what you had anticipated. We strive to maintain the highest standards maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. As we strive to deliver a flawless guest experience, we would love to discuss your areas of concerns further. Whenever you have a moment, feel free to contact me directly at the e-mail address below so that we can continue our hotel operations.

Have a blessed day!
Christina Devairakkam
Christina.devairakkam@Marriott.com

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Over 2600 nights later I still go back here and enjoy all the amenities like being able to jog over the key bridge into Georgetown early morning when nobody is there or jogging along the Potomac River or the roof top dining room overlooking the skyline of DC --AWESOME !!!!

Room Tip: Potomac river view is best and also a higher floor
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Dear patdane2017,

Thank you for reviewing the Key Bridge Marriott on Trip Advisor, we highly appreciate your feedback. We are so happy you enjoy all the amenities we have to offer and we are delighted to hear that you still visit Key Bridge after many years!

Thank you!

Reviewed 12 September 2017

This was our second stay at the Key Bridge Marriott. My husband coaches a collegiate rugby team and we were in the area for a game. The team was checked in efficiently with all 14 rooms placed on the same floor as requested. I was the first to arrive and while our reservation was for a room with two double beds, I asked the gentleman if he could move my husband and I to a King room instead. Not only was he able to do that, but he upgraded us to a King Suite at no extra charge. He was one of the friendliest front desk attendants I have encountered and we travel often, domestic and international. Our room was quiet with a comfy bed, large bathroom and large windows. The mini fridge is always a plus for storing beverages and dinner leftovers. We enjoyed the Starbucks located within the hotel and will try the restaurant next time.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear LisaHowe0316,

Thank you for reviewing the Key Bridge Marriott on Trip Advisor, we truly appreciate it. I am glad you had a great stay with us at the Key Bridge Marriott. I am happy to hear that our host was able to go above and beyond for your during your stay.
We are glad you have a wonderful say and we hope to see you in the near future!

Have a blessed day!!