In Washington DC, all hotels are obscenely overpriced for what is offered. It was on the inexpensive side so I knew it wasn't going to be "up to date". This seems to have been built in the era of bathroom phones (although there isn't one). The rooms and hallways are very dated and worn. The bathroom even has a drop ceiling. No mini fridge - which seems to be a prerequisite in this tier of hotel. They seem to have spent some money updating the restaurants/bar and the lobby. The concierge lounge is somewhat small and crowded but the staff in the lounge was wonderful and the highlight of the trip. They were warm and friendly, promptly and quietly kept the place clean and stocked and always had a friendly smile for everyone. Several people came in and even embraced the staff like long lost friends. The food and drink in the lounge is standard Mariott.
The location is interesting. Close to so much but not close to anything. Its about a half mile uphill walk to the Roslyn Metro Station but you can walk to the metro, take the blue line directly into the city, and walk to the white house in 20 minutes. That will beat an Uber or Lyft. However, it is sneaky close to Georgetown, If you notice, hotel prices in Georgetown are outrageous and the quality is universally poor for those high prices. This hotel is right across the river from the university, restaurants, and shops of Georgetown and its only a 15 minute walk to the center of the shopping district across the Francis Scott Key Bridge. That's as close as most of the other "Georgetown" hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Washington, DC from one of the most conveniently located hotels in Arlington, Virginia - Key Bridge Marriott. Set across the river from Georgetown via a pedestrian friendly bridge, our Arlington hotel offers access to the Nation's Capital, as well as many vibrant Northern Virginia neighborhoods. Newly renovated rooms and suites boast perks for the modern traveler. Experience one-of-a-kind panoramic views of nearby Georgetown. Weddings and events at our hotel are unforgettable, thanks to venues like the top-floor Capital View Ballroom, which provides amazing views of D.C. And if you're here to explore the city, our hotel in Arlington near Georgetown is the perfect base. We're just three blocks from the Rosslyn Metro - allowing you to discover Washington, D.C. and Arlington at your own pace. If you're in Washington for work, you'll appreciate our 22 meeting rooms, business center and mobile check-in and check-out. Come explore at Key Bridge Marriott. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Key Bridge Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Key Bridge Marriott Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Key Bridge
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott