“Great Location, Friendly Staff”

Key Bridge Marriott
Ranked #30 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 September 2017

This was our second stay at the Key Bridge Marriott. My husband coaches a collegiate rugby team and we were in the area for a game. The team was checked in efficiently with all 14 rooms placed on the same floor as requested. I was the first to arrive and while our reservation was for a room with two double beds, I asked the gentleman if he could move my husband and I to a King room instead. Not only was he able to do that, but he upgraded us to a King Suite at no extra charge. He was one of the friendliest front desk attendants I have encountered and we travel often, domestic and international. Our room was quiet with a comfy bed, large bathroom and large windows. The mini fridge is always a plus for storing beverages and dinner leftovers. We enjoyed the Starbucks located within the hotel and will try the restaurant next time.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Christina D, Administrative Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear LisaHowe0316,

Thank you for reviewing the Key Bridge Marriott on Trip Advisor, we truly appreciate it. I am glad you had a great stay with us at the Key Bridge Marriott. I am happy to hear that our host was able to go above and beyond for your during your stay.
We are glad you have a wonderful say and we hope to see you in the near future!

Have a blessed day!!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

I should have been attentive to the reviews. The place is basically going out of buisness very soon. Everything is old, ceilings are so close that I scratched my hand several times while changing. Everything is so enclosed that you might literally hear what is going on next door including showering. Room service? Forget about it, use your cell phone and call front desk. Restaurant is pricey and not family friendly. If the weather is nice, walk to a nearby restaurants. We had the worst luck on the first day which it literally rained 24hrs straight. We ordered Chinese and called it a night early. There is an indoor pool and outdoor. Keeps the kids happy for a while. I would not stay here again. Customer service was definitely unpleasant. I could have stayed at Motel 6, and probably made out well financially. Also fridge is hidden inside a three drawer TV stand.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Abbamin1
Christina D, Administrative Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Abbamin1,

Thank you for reviewing the Key Bridge Marriott on Trip Advisor, I am sorry to hear that you did not have a great stay with us. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for your overall experience at the Key Bridge Marriott. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this is corrected moving forward. Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Arlington.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

I had to stay overnight at the Key Bridge Marriott. All the staff were extremely friendly. I had a king size bed and was given a corner room so I had windows on two walls with a nice view of the city and the Washington Monument. There were plenty of towels and the room and bathroom appeared clean. It had an iron and hair dryer available. I ordered room service and it arrived quickly with a complimentary cookie. You had an option to pick it up downstairs to save delivery charges. I ordered a basic grilled cheese with fries and a soda. The sandwich was good with three kinds of cheese. They didn't skimp on the fries either although I found them a little dry. They included ketchup and a pickle. It was delivered in a cute little black bag and included plastic utensils and a napkin. The bed was extremely comfortable with 4 cushy pillows and a fluffy down comforter. Checking in and out was easy. However be aware that parking is $25 per day. There are spaces available in front of the hotel. You need your key card to access the lot or in the parking garage. There was an unpleasant smell in the hallway on the 7th floor. I'm not sure what that was. My company had a seminar in one of their conference rooms and the food the hotel provided was amazing! All in all a very pleasant experience.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear trishoj,

Thank you for reviewing the Key Bridge Marriott on Trip Advisor, we truly appreciate it. Our Fresh Bites service is fairly new and I am glad to hear you enjoyed it. We do have beautiful views of Georgetown and the Washington Monument, it is one of the perks here at the Key Bridge Marriott. I will definitely share your feedback regarding the food to our Executive Chef. Thank you for your feedback, as it allows us to grow for the future.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Can anyone say bed bugs, if I could give this less than 1 I would, worst stay of my life, this is making me rethink doing business with Marriott for the first time due to filth. The brand is going down it seems.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 3 September 2017

Dear Toria,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. At the Key Bridge Marriott, hotel management and our guests take the issue of pest control, including bedbugs, very seriously and share a concern with keeping pests out of the hotel. The safety and comfort of our guests are our top priority. To that end, our hotel maintains high levels of vigilance, and we perform regularly scheduled inspections. Since bedbugs can be easily transmitted anywhere and are often lodged in luggage or on clothing, the hotel employs a thorough detection program based on training, education and awareness. In the event the hotel or a guest suspects a problem; Marriott in conjunction with our Pest Control partners have developed a very detailed and strict protocol for these situations.

Although we fell short of meeting your expectations during your past stay, I hope you will consider Key Bridge Marriott on your next visit to Arlington so that we can better deliver upon the guest experience you deserve.

Iana

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Stayed here for a whole week 8-20 to 8-25. Had a training session at the CEB Waterview building and since I am a rewards member wanted a Marriott hotel within walking distance of the building. It a very short and comfortable walk to the building. The hotel is in great shape. Very clean and presents nice. The staff are very nice and professional. Checked in Sunday 8-20-17 and all was fine. The housekeeping staff greeted me with a hello and good morning every time I left for the day. The only criticism I have is that the restaurant and food options are extremely limited, There is a nice restaurant in the front of the building that ONLY offers breakfast. For lunch and dinner in the hotel you have to go to the bar/lounge for food. The bar has tables but it might be awkward if you have kids. Not that it's wild. It's NOT! but some evenings the happy hour crowd can be "energized" and a little noisy. The food is good and tasty but the selections are quite limited. IF you are there for more than 3 days you might get a little tired of it and the surrounding offerings are "ok"... During my travel to Arlington the slide handle to my suitcase broke. I went to the concierge desk for assistance and she called maintenance and the guy helped me fixed the handle and it was good as new. The service was very good and what I have come to expect from the Marriott brand.

Room Tip: The food options are limited but very good