“Great hotel for it's age.”

Key Bridge Marriott
Ranked #30 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Stayed here for a whole week 8-20 to 8-25. Had a training session at the CEB Waterview building and since I am a rewards member wanted a Marriott hotel within walking distance of the building. It a very short and comfortable walk to the building. The hotel is in great shape. Very clean and presents nice. The staff are very nice and professional. Checked in Sunday 8-20-17 and all was fine. The housekeeping staff greeted me with a hello and good morning every time I left for the day. The only criticism I have is that the restaurant and food options are extremely limited, There is a nice restaurant in the front of the building that ONLY offers breakfast. For lunch and dinner in the hotel you have to go to the bar/lounge for food. The bar has tables but it might be awkward if you have kids. Not that it's wild. It's NOT! but some evenings the happy hour crowd can be "energized" and a little noisy. The food is good and tasty but the selections are quite limited. IF you are there for more than 3 days you might get a little tired of it and the surrounding offerings are "ok"... During my travel to Arlington the slide handle to my suitcase broke. I went to the concierge desk for assistance and she called maintenance and the guy helped me fixed the handle and it was good as new. The service was very good and what I have come to expect from the Marriott brand.

Room Tip: The food options are limited but very good
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Christina D, Administrative Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Bhtyler66,

Thank you for reviewing the Key Bridge Marriott on Trip Advisor, we truly appreciate it. I do want to thank you for feedback, I will be sure to mention it to our Restaurant Manager and Executive Chef. Your feedback allows us to improve for the future. I am glad to hear that our staff were able to make your stay extra special by going above and beyond. We are truly grateful for your loyalty with Marriott and we hope to see you in the near future.

Take care,

Reviewed 23 August 2017

This is very mediocre hotel with what seems to be worst guest service across the Marriott network. It appears that the only quality that its staff possess in abundance and do not shy away from demonstrating to the guests is their attitudes and egos. I had very bad experience in this property despite being Marriott Platinum member. Will avoid it in the future.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Christina D, Administrative Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Roman N,

One of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of friendly and courteous service. While it was a pleasure having you here as our guest, your feedback regarding the service our team provided caught my attention. I am very sorry to learn that the quality of service provided by our front desk staff did not quite meet your — or our — expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the team in an effort to improve our overall experience.

Thank you for being a valued guest of Marriott, we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Arlington.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Great location, great weekend rates,
easy walk to Georgetown & metro, staff from front desk to concierge to restaurant staff were all extremely friendly, indoor and outdoor pool and nice gym (look for more equipment downstairs from the pool). I rarely review hotels but making exceptions for this trip

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Headhunter2001,

Thank you for reviewing the Key Bridge Marriott on Trip Advisor, we truly appreciate it. I am so glad to hear that your enjoyed everything about the Key Bridge Marriott. From the location to the staff, we hope to see you at the Key Bridge once again.

Thank you!

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is a "get what you pay for".The hotel staff was very attentive and friendly in the restaurant for breakfast. The views of the river were nice from the room. The biggest issue was the strong smell of mildew garbage one the hotel hallways present on at least floor 10, 11, and 12. We alerted the staff multiple times. The staff stated they were aware of the problem and "working" on it but it smelled the same our entire 3 day stay. It was so bad my 6 year old daughter would try to run off the elevator to our room without taking a breath to avoid the smell.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 22 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Key Bridge Marriott.

At the Key Bridge Marriott, we take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations during your stay and for that I sincerely apologize. Please rest assured your comments have been shared with the team in an effort to improve our service.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Arlington.

Iana Koliadenko
Rooms Operations Manager

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I decided to take a trip to Washington DC. She thought this hotel would be nice cause it's a Marriott and close to the Metro. The hotel is also close to Georgetown, literally across the bridge. We didn't have any issues until our second and third day there. We did. It put the sign on our door that said they would skip cleaning the room. This sign saves reward members points. So we expected the room to be clean when we returned. It wasn't. So the next day we hung the sign thinking we read it wrong. Once again not cleaned and no fresh towels. When my wife called down the late told her we should have put the sign out. Then they said no we shouldn't. So my wife went down to talk to the manager. He basically gave her towels and said he would send someone up. This was a little odd to have her bring up our own towels. Especially since the linen closet was directly across from our room. So we called down and asked to not be disturbed that we were tired and they could clean it tomorrow. They knocked on the door around 11pm asking if we need towels. My wife also had a rash the next few days from the sheets either not being washed or the detergent. We were offered dinner for the issues and that was a bad experience also. Customer service still has not called back. We also had money taken from us. Needless to say. We will never stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Kazeem A, Front Office Manager at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Dear cmatt169,
Thank you for reviewing the Key Bridge Marriott on TripAdvisor,we truly appreciate it. I do
apologize for your experience at the Key Bridge Marriott, your feedback allows us to work towards improvements for the future. For that, we want to truly thank you.

We hope to see you again when your travels brings you to the Arlington Area.

Kazeem A.