2 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$289
TravelocityUS$289
TraveluroUS$337
3,580 results
All reviews double tree north tower revolving restaurant crystal city warm cookies whole foods pentagon mall lobby bar self parking washington dc free shuttle shuttle service metro station reagan airport skydome conference garage
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 July 2022

When we first come in to the hotel it looks fancy and nice as we walk through the lobby but looks can be deceiving. First of all the breakfasts are $20 for a coffee and a croissant. Second of all the ice is 5 dollars for a small amount. The parking is $42 dollars a night. You have to buy internet for this place even if you are a DIAMOND member! The pool that was said to have been here closed down 5 years ago so… no pool. Everything is super expensive and the hotel rooms don’t even have a microwave. This hotel sucks and I will never spend my money on a place like this ever again.

Room tip: Don’t even spend a penny here.
Date of stay: July 2022
Guest Experience, Owner at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2022

Dear J1032YNjamesj,
We are alarmed to read about your experience at our DoubleTree Washington DC Crystal City. We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any negative impression you encountered. After many reviews citing impeccable service, it is disheartening to read that this was your perception. I regret to read about your disappointment with some of our hotel's price points, and will be sure to review your feedback with my senior leadership team for further assessment. The last thing we want our guests to feel is a lack of value in the array of amenities our hotel has to offer. Thank you again, and I truly hope you will reconsider giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
We do hope to welcome you back as a valued guest in the near future.

Reviewed 15 July 2022 via mobile

The staff at the Crystal City Doubletree are so welcoming and friendly! Interacting with them is always a pleasure.

Aliya at reception was awesome! Because I made my reservation after midnight I made it for the next night (Thursday) but Aliya cancelled it and made it for Wednesday night. She is a great customer contact representative!

I’ve been a Hilton member for 20 years and have always had such great experiences every time, all around the world! Hilton hires the best people!

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Guest Experience, Owner at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2022

Hello johnhZ5894OR,

We are delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed so many aspects of our DoubleTree by Hilton Washington DC - Crystal City, from our prime location, the rooms, and the fine services provided by our dedicated staff.
We truly appreciate your praises for all that our lovely hotel has to offer. In addition to having the best location, we have the best employees who are dedicated to the fine art of hospitality and making every guest feel at home. Thank you for your kind recommendation of our hotel to other travelers
We appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2022 via mobile

Shikeeb, was fantastic in helping our group in the time of need. Our group's plane had been canceled. As we were find things to do for the kids, after 6 long day in D.C. He was able to accommodated our group of 20 kids in transportation. It was greatly appreciated. Thank you for everything.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Guest Experience, Owner at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2022

Hello 12533BP,
Thank you for choosing our DoubleTree by Hilton Washington DC - Crystal City and for taking the time to share the details of your stay with us. Our desirable location makes it very convenient for our guests to enjoy Washington D.C. knowing that the hotel is in close proximity.
Furthermore, it pleases me to read how Shikeeb is an embodiment of our DoubleTree Crystal City hospitality and how he seeks to make a difference each day. I have shared your review among our team so he can be recognized for the magic he makes. I am happy our service exceeded your expectations and you were able to have a memorable visit.

Reviewed 15 June 2022 via mobile

Very nice stay more for TV business travel or a short stay. Located 15 minutes or less from the Mall. Lots of good resturants within a 1 mile radius. Hotel offers a snack bar for after hours . Very clean in need of some updating.

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Guest Experience, Owner at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2022

Dear lindajW6552ZF,
We truly value guest feedback as it is the only way we can ensure our offering at DoubleTree by Hilton Washington DC - Crystal City continues to meet the needs of our guests. I was pleased to note that overall you had a wonderful stay, and were looked after so exceptionally by the team. It seems like you made the most of your time with us and enjoyed all of the wonderful facilities! We are often complimented for the convenience of our location so I am pleased that this was one of the highlights of your visit. We thank you for your patronage and hope to welcome you back soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 June 2022 via mobile

Easiest way to put this is that this Hilton is not up to standard. The room was in complete distress and past the point of desperation for a remodel. They charged Hilton standard price for a worse than Motel 6 quality room. We also arrived to incorrect instructions via text from Shikeeb that door 7 was closed for shuttle pickups, just to walk down to door 4 and find that door 4 was closed, not 7, almost missing the shuttle running back and forth. Then to finally get to the hotel to a very rude welcome to the overnight front desk agent working the night of 6/11. She was very argumentative when we were just trying to confirm our check in was all set, the poor room was just the cherry on top. We stayed long enough to decide that we couldn’t stay the second night and we’re checked out before the same overnight lady was done with her shift, in which she still was very rude. Shikeeb checked back in through the text later after we had left and I expressed the state of the room and the intense weed/cigarette smell in the entire place, and the rudeness of the front desk were the reasons that we left. He expressed apologies and I asked for a partial refund to which I got no response all day. I responded again and got someone named Joy who played dumb to the whole thing even though there’s a whole history of messages. I’ll be taking this up with Hilton since the hotel didn’t want to actually do anything to resolve the situation.

The positive - I don’t have his name but our shuttle driver was incredible from the airport. He was very kind and a great driver.

All in all - book the motel 6 or a better Hilton, not here.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Guest Experience, Owner at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2022

Dear Aubrey,
I am truly disheartened to read your visit with us did not echo the perfect experience we want each of our guests to have here. I do apologize for the inconvenience of being given a guest room that smelled of smoke. This was certainly unfortunate as we have strict smoking policies which clearly, were not adhered to. Your experience is not a true representation of the core service philosophy we pride ourselves with at DoubleTree by Hilton Washington DC Crystal City and your feedback certainly assists in ensuring this will not occur again.
That we were unable to turn your experience around during your stay is an added disappointment for us.
Once again, I am sincerely sorry that we have failed to meet your expectations and can only hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and deliver a true DoubleTree Washington DC Crystal City experience for which we are oft-complimented.

Kind regards,