“Yummy Cream of Crab Soup ”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 1,009 Restaurants in Arlington
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: South 23rd Street
Transit: Crystal City (Yellow Line) Metro station.
Description: For all those who love seafood in Crystal City, the world really can be your oyster. Choose from among the 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish we serve simply prepared, 365 days a year. In season, our patio seating is a lure for those who choose the fresh seafood and fresh air combo.
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

The cream of crab soup was mad good. It was actually better than my entree wish was the fish and chips. The soup was so good that it actually made me anticipate my main course even more, but I can't say that I was as impressed with the main course once I got it. That soup......it's stellar!!! I'd go back for that again and again.

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Traveling to the area on business and this was 3/4 of a mile from my hotel so I walked. Very nice upscale business district with a good crowd for a Tuesday. I was greeted and seated quickly. My server was great from the start. Informed, professional and humorous without being overbearing. Started with a good fresh house salad. Crisp and enjoyable. For dinner I asked for recommendations and received several with good descriptions. I decided on the Cioppino, a tomato based broth with 7 different types of seafood. More mussels than you would find on a dinner plate at most places, but the star of the show were the perfect Little Neck Clams. To die for. The only negative were the shrimp were a little over cooked for my liking, if you call that a negative. Finished with a refreshing Riesling. I will return and try whatever dish they have with the clams. Enjoy.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

We walked over from our hotel and were able to get a seat at 7pm on a Saturday night for 3 without a reservation, which is nice. The seafood was fantastic as we had crab cakes, shrimp, scallops, cioppino and fish & chips. All were good. Our waiter was very helpful, very friendly and gave us some good ideas for dinner. He was also there to make sure our drinks were filled without being over bearing. A good dinner out. Not inexpensive, but fresh seafood seldom is.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

Was very lucky that Legal Sea Food, one of my favorite seafood venues was less than one block from my hotel. The restaurant was quite and comfortable. The waiter was very knowledgable and attentive. Great personality too. I ordered the Crab Cakes and they were delicious and just the right portion size for a late dinner after a day of airplane travel.
My table mates also shared the Spinach and Feta Dip Appetizer. I had a side salad with my entree, fresh and tasty.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 3 September 2016

Stopped in for dinner while staying the night at a near by hotel. Started with a dozen oysters which were incredible so we got another half. Happy hour specials were good. Seafood was well prepared and the service was quick an attentive without being stuffy.