“Crab Legs! ”

Price range: US$5 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A fixture of the Fort Myer Heights neighborhood for over 35 years providing a relaxed atmosphere perfect for family dining or just catching up with old friends. Most notably known for our seasonal Maryland Blue Crab feast and cold beer, we also serve a wide variety of classic American and Seafood fare year round. Stop on by and join us for some crabs!!
Reviewed 29 January 2016 via mobile

It's only few minutes from my sisters apartment. One day we were passing by and we saw the huge line in front of it, and we were thinking this place must be good as it looks like people are waiting in the line to be seated! So, we made a reservation for the next day and we heard its famous for crabs, but knowing it's too much work cracking the shells and getting a little bit of meat ( blue crab ) and I'm sure it worthy, but we have decided to go for king crab legs and i have to admit they are excellent! They put old bay paprika on the top and you get to choose 2 sides with it and they give you a side of drown butter to dip in it! They were the best crab legs I've ever eaten before! And every time I visited Arlington, we went to this restaurant! From the outside doesn't look like attentive , but don't let the look fool you, the food is great! I've tried other entrees like lobster linguini ( was alright, not a huge fan of linguini ) and salmon ( was good, but not the best ) the service is good, they don't bother you much while you are eating, which is sometimes a good thing! Anyway, we will definitely be back!

Reviewed 16 January 2016

Good place to hang out with friends, crack some crabs and drink beer. I spent my 30 year military anniversary and coincidentally ran into a different group of friends that were on a separate "mission." Needless to say, very popular establishment.

Reviewed 28 December 2015

The hotel recommended this place. It was within walking distance. It did not look like much from outside ...was crowded... always a good sign. Lots of seafood... known for crabs which we did not get. Waiter was excellent.... did not use a pad when taking our order of 5. Lobster bisque , lobster roll, fish and chips were all excellent. We also had the crab pretzel which was excellent. Large selection of beers. We ate outside under a heater and were quite warm.

Reviewed 24 December 2015

This took me back to my childhood days of eating crab. The table was covered in brown paper and when the blue crab came out steaming hot and covered in Old Bay seasoning they dumped the crab out directly on the table - just like when I used to eat crab with my Grandmother! Vinegar was on the table - the only way to eat crab - dip the meat into it. We also ordered the crab hushpuppies which were great. Several people in our party of 15 were not crab pickers and ordered from the menu. They all said their selections were great. The restaurant is not fancy but the wait staff was very attentive. Moderate priced restaurant but very much worth it!

Reviewed 19 December 2015 via mobile

I was excited to get steamed blue crab after flying in to Virginia today to join family for a frequent gathering. Unfortunately, at this restaurant we encountered either a naive, inexperienced and unknowledgeable waitress, or worse, a lazy, uncaring and rude employee who made this somewhat pricey restaurant unworthy of its former reputation. Some examples of the issues: no, she could not show us the difference in blue crab sizes; no we could not get a bib without asking; no we could not get butter for the crab without waving down the waitress; no we could not get wet wipes after cracking and picking crab without locating the waitress with a special request, no there was no second glass of wine or glass of water without flagging her, etc, etc, Sorry we left a tip. Hard for US not to be be "polite". Beware if you go.