“Great authentic Thai food”

Sawatdee Thai Restaurant
Ranked #115 of 896 Restaurants in Arlington
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2016

After a very long drive, we were looking for a place to eat dinner near our hotel in Arlington. The host at the door was very welcoming, and the service was prompt and smooth. The food was absolutely delicious! We ordered chicken pad Thai and a cashew chicken dish. Portions were large and the price is definitely right!

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Had dinner there this week. I thought the Tom Kha soup was amazing, probably one of the top 3 I've had! The chicken curry was OK, nothing wrong with it, just nothing special. Maybe I expected more after that awesome soup.

Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

My husband and I ordered takeout from here our first night in Arlington. Delivery was fast - about 30 minutes. The food was good, not great, but it was very good. I ordered my go to Thai dish - red curry with tofu. My husband got stir fried eggplant with chicken in black bean sauce. He liked his food but didn't think it was exceptional. Would We eat here again? Definitely! The food was very good. Service was good and it's not too expensive. Plus they deliver. A very good gastronomic intro to our eating experience in the DC/VA area.

Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

These days, it might be harder to find the "real thing" when it comes to Thai, especially with all the Asian fusion restaurants around. Sawatdee is very authentic...just good, fresh Thai and nothing else. There is a huge selection of dishes with all the favorites. One nice feature is you can choose your protein for just about every dish, and it is nice to have the option of soft vs fried tofu as well. Also great to have brown and saffron rice as options. Reasonably priced, good service, conveniently located.

Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

It's very good food and service. Location is convenient for quick metro access and therefore a good business meeting location of you like Thai. It is average price and relatively quiet.