“Creative fondue ideas”

Melting Pot Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Melting Pot Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #135 of 1,008 Restaurants in Arlington
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Fairfax Dr
Transit: From the Metro - Orange Line: Take Metro to the Ballston Metro stop. Come out of Metro station onto Fairfax Drive. Make a left onto Fairfax and walk about 3 blocks to Glebe Road. Make a right onto Glebe Road and walk about 1 1/2 blocks. The restaurant is on the left.
Description: Spice up your dinner tonight and make some memories when you come to The Melting Pot in Arlington, Virginia. We are located in Ballston on N. Glebe Rd between the cross streets of Washington Boulevard and Fairfax Drive. Enjoy every moment while sitting with your friends and enjoying all of your favorite dippers with our delicious fondue. Just looking to do cheese and chocolate? We offer that as well as our four-course experiences that are perfect for that special night out. We have a great selection of large party menus that can be personalized to fit any budget or group. Reservations are encouraged.
Reviewed 26 February 2018

According to the internet, fondue was created by the Swiss in the 1930's. The Melting Pot restaurant takes the fondue idea and runs with it. The restaurant offers the fundamental cheese fondue. But, it also elaborates with some other interesting variations of fondue. My two nieces love this restaurant. In my opinion, I'm not sure if I wish the prices would come down a little. It's a nice idea for a change to the "same old, same old" types of restaurants.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

Very slow night- we sat in the bar area and had Destinee as our bartender/server. She was wonderful- right there when we needed her, yet didn't rush us. She knew the menu well and made some great suggestions. The Melting Pot is not cheap- you need to figure about $60 per person without drinks or tip for a four course meal. It is my daughter's favorite place, so we go when they are here from the west coast where there are none in her area. It is a great interactive meal- the food was very good- and perfect for a lot of laughs and good conversation. They have made some changes to the menu over the last few years, which I am not a fan of considering the basic pricing- they have premium items that used to be included in the meal- like some of the dinner and dessert items and up- charge them now. They have a good beer list- pricey but we knew that going in- an ok wine list, but not every wine is available by the glass so unless you want to go for a $50 bottle for the table a $12 glass is just an ok wine. With tip for four- it was almost $350.- good thing I don't have to do it everyday It is good for what it is, more of an experience than a great food dining thing.

MeltingPotMarketing, Manager at Melting Pot Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Thank you very much for your review and honest feedback, Mindy. We'll be sure to let Destinee know you had such a nice time. Have a happy new year and please stop in again when your daughter is in town!

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Our visit was fine until the waitress decided not to show up at our table forever! When I spoke to the manager, he addressed the issue...then to have her come back to the table and SLAM HOT MELTED CHOCOLATE down on the table & almost splashed it on my daughter! I demanded she was NOT to come back to our table! The manager took care of us until we quickly left after! She was HORRIBLE to say the LEAST! Our bill was slightly adjusted, but after all that, I wouldn’t pay a cent to go back!!! The food was OK...

MeltingPotMarketing, Manager at Melting Pot Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

We are so sorry to hear about your experience! We would love an opportunity to make things right. Can you please send us an email at meltingpotmarketing@verizon.net and include the location and a contact number so we can give you a call. Thank you.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

My friend and I bought a Groupon and it was an excellent deal. We started with the alpine cheese fondue which was wonderful, then had the house salad, and our entrée choice (chicken breast, dry-rubbed pork and chicken & vegetable dumplings). Our waiter, Carlos, was very friendly and helpful. Great food and great service - we'll be back for sure.

1  Thank LoveToTravel30226
Corey R, Guest Relations Manager at Melting Pot Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are thrilled you enjoyed your dining experience and we make sure to pass along the kind words to Carlos and the management team. Thanks again for dining with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 September 2017

I was very disappointed with my dinner at Melting Pot. First, the server must have been new and didn't know to turn the apparatus on before starting the the melting process. As a result, it took forever for our dinner to be ready. We ordered the classic fondue. The texture and flavor were a bit off. Service did not improve. Very expensive. Also, you have to pay for parking, it is discounted, but still...

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I apologize for all of the issues that you encountered when you dined with us. There is never an excuse to deliver poor service. We would love a chance to talk further with you so that we can make sure that all of these issues are addressed. Please feel free to reach out to meltingpotdc@gmail.com with a good contact phone number and the General Manager will reach out at your convenience. Thanks again for your feedback. I hope to hear from you soon.