“Great sushi near Alexandria”
Review of Endo Sushi

Endo Sushi
Ranked #173 of 896 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Dear Trip Advisor: Here's some info about Endo Sushi' in Arlington, and I hope you will look into it. It's 1 of 2 Japanese restaurants owned by the Endo family. The N. Washington Blvd. location is near Clarendon. What I love about Endo Sushi is the combination of feeling welcome and getting delicious food at a fair price. It's authentic Japanese, from the miso soup and appetizers to the sushi and cooked dishes. Eating at the counter is our favorite, but table service and the overall restaurant atmosphere is pleasant. Mr. Endo is really good at his work, and somehow has time to be friendly w/ diners. There are definitely regulars, (including Japanese customers) and 'Endo' seems to be growing in popularity. We've been going there for several years, and it's always been a pleasurable experience. Definitely worth a visit if you haven't been.
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

My college age boys wanted sushi and I wanted affordable quality. The sushi was great; my boys said the best they've had in a year. I ordered tempura and was pressed to have it prepared correctly with only light rice flour and flash fried so that the shrimp and fish meat were must and tender inside.
My son who had studied in Tokyo found the salmon excellent. We'll be adding this to our list of favorites.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

I had been meaning to go here for some time and finally had a chance with a friend. the greeting by the staff on entering is a traditional Japanese greeting when entering establishments which was nice. The decorum is very Japanese and inviting and we were made to feel welcome and the service was very good. We started with the gyoza appetizer which was very tasty, and then for the main dish we sampled a number of the sushi dishes including white tail, eel, salmon, and of course tuna. All were well made and good. We also tried a wide variety of rolls and all were very good and filling. I was not a big fan of the caterpillar roll which was shrimp tempura / cucumber / masago / eel / avocado / sweet sauce with eight pieces. It was a bit too much for me and it just was not my thing, but it was very interesting to behold. To each their own. The prices are pretty reasonable considering this is the heart of Arlington. Enjoy!

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

We had the sushi and sashimi combo. Very large and decent variety for about $30. It came with soup and salad. Fast and friendly service. Great place for good variety and value.

Reviewed 25 January 2017

Came here for a birthday party for my buddy Dean. It's been a while since I've had a chance to pop in which is regrettable because the sushi is pretty good. We ordered ahead because with a group we decided to splurge and get the Sushi boat, which I don't think is even on the menu but its enormous! The entire thing was fabulous. The miso soup was good and he beer selection was typical, Asahi, Sapporo, Kirin and Orion. The fish was fresh and firm and the rolls were tasty. The staff was nice and really helpful. I will totally come back.

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

The Japanese sushi is traditional with some welcome news. The service is very good. The staff is kind. I recommend.

1  Thank Vanessamariappr .