“High quality Thai, nicely served in Arlington ”
Review of Neramitra

Neramitra
Ranked #94 of 896 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

We were staying in one of the Many Crystal City hotels and looking for a place to eat that would be different than the small restaurants on 23rd St where we have eaten in the past. At the suggestion of a friend we tried this Thai restaurant and loved both the decor and the food.

The decor is upscale with some interesting art and pleasant with a good eat at bar and a restaurant space separated by a low wall.

The food was delicate and delicious and different from the ordinary. Out cold spring rolls were made with the usual lettuce and rice noodles but also included carrots, chicken and asparagus and were served with a delicious ginger sauce. I asked for peanut sauce and got that too, and it was also excellent, bit the ginger sauce was outstanding.

My husband Tom Kha Gai soup as a main course with rice and it was fragrant a delicately flavored and delicious, though perhaps not as spicy as we are used to.

I ordered Pad Pik Khing with park and it did not disappoint, though I could have done with even spicier.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant and will be back to try more. If you like spicy Thai food, I'd suggest you tell them that when you order, but this is not so much a problem in my view as a little too much nod to the typical American palate.

Enjoy!

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed the decor and food. They have brown rice and it was high quality and properly cooked. We wanted to order sticky rice and mango but the mango wasn't ripe so they declined. It shows they care about the quality because they could have served it anyway. Our food was fresh and not swimming in sauce.

Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

I've visited this restaurant off and on going on 10 years now and I've never had a bad dish. When I ask for spicy I get it. And its flavorful spicy not just burn your mouth spicy. I've missed coming here more regularly. Go-to dishes are pad see ew and kapow basil. Spring rolls are good too. Nice and crispy. Good variety of seafood dishes, noodles and chicken/beef/pork.

Great meet up place for colleagues traveling to the Crystal City area. Very easy to find from the underground and right off Crystal Drive. Accessible from many local hotels in the area. Took me 5 minutes to walk here from area hotel.

I saw one negative review about the service and sure there may be a few issues there for the needy diner but I go there for the food; not to be hovered over. I have never had a problem or experienced rude wait staff.

Reasonable prices. Interesting cocktail menu if you're into that sort of thing. Normal beers you'd expect to find. Wine list has one of each type of grape. Nothing huge but you can find something.

The place is really clean. Comfortable. Well worth checking out.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

I've eaten here several times over the past five or six years, as I come here every year for a conference. The restaurant is always immaculate, and I am seated immediately. Even on a busy Friday night. I love their "summer rolls," which are the cold fresh ones usually called basil or spring rolls in other restaurants. I also love their "drunken noodles." I'm not sure why they are called that, but I've found the best way to order them is with beef. Very tender and very spicy. Not "spicy for a Nebraskan" spicy, but "I eat a lot of spicy Asian food and I love it" spicy. Pad Thai is great too.

It is a little pricey, but the neighborhood is full of hotels and that's just the way it is. Good stuff. Ya just gotta give it a try.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

I've eaten at Neramitra a number of different times. The food is good, not too spicy. The Pad Thai is always reliable, and can be ordered with chicken, or shrimp etc.

It's not the best Thai food I've ever had but it is reliably good every time I visit it. Lunch or dinner, it's the same; good quality and tasty food.

Service is great and very gracious.