“Better take out/ delivery than eat in”
Review of Kohinoor Dhaba

Kohinoor Dhaba
Ranked #160 of 896 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Have eaten delivery here numerous times and ranked the food among the best in DC (Think a certain "R" Indian cuisine restaurant in DC that is always in the top restaurants in the city). The food was always delicious and flavorful. Imagine a little, our surprise at finally eating at the restaurant to find it not as good as the takeout. Place has very limited parking, which is a drag, and the lunch buffet, while giving you an opportunity to sample many different dishes, was just not that appealing, either in terms of ambiance (terrible, actually) or food. Hate to say it, but get their food delivered, and don't go to the brick and mortar.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I was stuck in Crystal City with family during an event and was looking for something neither expensive nor a chain when we spotted this from our hotel window. It is an unassuming basement eatery with some of the best Indian food I have had anywhere in the world. We had a big group of all ages and thoroughly enjoyed everything we tried. Particularly good lamb and spinach dishes and a nice spicy biryani were highlights, but everything was extremely good. And half the price of most of the main Crystal City eateries.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

My fiancé and I loved this restaurant, we ordered the Garlic Naan, it was very rich and with a lot of flavor, Lamb Saag ~ Lamb chunks cooked with spinach, it was excellent. Shrimp Curry, Medium-sized shrimp sauteed with ginger, garlic, onions & green peppers in a creamy sauce, was delicious, I enjoyed it very much. We also loved the drink, we ordered the Mango Lasi, which is a drink with a yogurt and mango base, very refreshing and relieves a bit the spicy of the food.

The attention is excellent, the place is clean. The food was served quickly and well presented.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Ordered their buffet so I was able to try several dishes but not impressed. The butter chicken had more of a tomato flavor to it which was not enjoyable, the Naan was good and was the only saving grace of this place. Yet, Who really goes to spend $13 dollars for a few pieces of Naan. I wouldn't waste my time ever going back even if someone was buying lunch for me.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

We walked across the street from our hotel and were one of the few dine-in customers. The food was very fresh and well seasoned. The service was fantastic and all the members of our party left the restaurant commenting on how good the food was. The Naan was very good, although not as fluffy as some other Indian restaurants. The lamb Saag was fantastic and would order it again. I would recommend to anyone. They did a constant take out business while we were there.