“Great Thai Food in a Very Nice Area”

Bangkok Bistro at Ballston - Heaven & Hell Themed Restaurant
Ranked #390 of 874 Restaurants in Arlington
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Contemporary
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are very excited to introduce our new Heaven & Hell theme to Bangkok Bistro. Our restaurant, which originated in Georgetown, Washington DC has a 15+ year history, and our goal has not changed since the beginning. We strive to provide excellent food, amazing service, and a fun dining experience. Join us as we begin the next chapter of our journey!
Virginia
“Great Thai Food in a Very Nice Area”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I met up with friends at this restaurant for a girls night out on a Thursday night. I thought I knew the area very well since I have lived in Northern Virginia the past several years, but missed the entrance to the restaurant and ended up parking at the Ballston Mall. I got turned around and realized later that the restaurant is located right by Macys entrance to the Mall. I caught up with the gang. We ordered 4 different dishes to share. I loved the crispy duck - perhaps one of the best I have had in years. I also had the chicken satay as appetizer and the combination phad thai. I noticed the very nice open, contemporary decor. The prices are reasonable, similar to other Thai restaurants I have been to in the area, but the feel of the restaurant and the neighborhod is definitely upscale. Quite a 'preppy' feel. The staff was prompt. I noticed a few patrons perhaps celebrating a special occasion. They had ads stating free dinner if it is your birthday. We did not take advantage of this.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Precocious

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best in town!”
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Great tasting, excellent service, and very reasonable price, I recommend this to anyone who enjoy real Thai food.

1 Thank twang6809
Arlington, Virginia
“Delicious Food and Friendly Service”
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Save your appetite all day so you can enjoy the wide variety of yummy items! This was our third visit and each time has been great. We like the Bistro Sampler to start off, because it has about 4 or 5 different appetizers (something for everyone). With the entrees, they are very willing to adjust the spiciness of each item to suit the guest. I love the wide Drunken Noodles. One of my companions had the flounder, which was crispy on the outside and tender inside. Not sure what the seasoning was, but it was excellent. Even the less-adventurous kid was happy with Basil Fried Rice, and all the kids liked the strawberry smoothies. The wine list is reasonably priced, and the service has always been attentive. This restaurant is very conveniently located right next to the Ballston Mall, on Glebe Road. Our favorite dessert is Bananas Flambe -- prepared at your table. Fresh bananas, brown sugar, vanilla ice cream, and pyrotechnics!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Zipdedoo
Arlington, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb Pad Thai”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Had lunch with friends today at Bangkok Bistro. Lunch special choices are great price. Had Pad Thai Lunch Special Box, so yummy. Clean and good place for lunch for Ballston area. Will definitely be back for other lunch special choices.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Tammy H
Singapore
“Happy ambience”
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Eat free on your birthday ( up to US$11). Bubbly waiter. Thai dishes not spicy, wide choice of alcohol, suitable for americans. Reasonable price.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank odakyu

Travellers who viewed Bangkok Bistro at Ballston - Heaven & Hell Themed Restaurant also viewed

Been to Bangkok Bistro at Ballston - Heaven & Hell Themed Restaurant? Share your experiences!