All reviews train tracks crystal city the concierge lounge beautiful hotel free shuttle reagan airport fitness center lobby restaurant metro shuttle club room dc area runs every minutes self park shuttle service front desk staff reagan national business trip
Reviewed 13 October 2018

Was here for a conference which happens annually and i am never disappointed. The hotel is in a great location, the employees are always great, the rooms comfy and the quality great. My plane did get in late and i missed the last hotel shuttle as the hotel shuttle stops at 1140pm - though planes are still coming in at this time, my one watch out. I took the hotel shuttle back to the airport on the first one as it starts again at 5am. There are some runs around the hotel - about a mile up the street you can get off onto a good running track in two directions. The conference food was great with the best vegetarian main course i have had at a conference.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Dear Greg S,

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel while here for a conference. We are glad we met most of your expectations and that you especially appreciated our perfect location. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Checked in on a Saturday evening and the place was a zoo! Didn’t realize that is was the night before the Army 10 Mile Run, starting across the street at the Pentagon. Staff was accommodating, but overwhelmed by the visitors.
I learned very quickly that the name Marriott is simply in name. Nothing about it reflected a typical Marriott experience.

As we checked into our single queen room, I found the room to be pretty tight for a typical suite with couch, desk and small kitchenette. The bathroom was almost claustrophobically small. The toilet was so close to the small tub, it was uncomfortable.

There was a drainage issue with the bathroom sink, the toilet seat needed to be replaced, and the mattress cover and fitted sheet were torn and would not stay on. The microwave makes a very loud noise, which indicates that something is wrong with it.

The positives: the staff, the free breakfast, the small kitchenette, and the short distance to DC, which we were visiting.

Due to the congestion and lack of parking anywhere around DC, I recommend traveling by Lyft (which is cheaper in this area than Uber).
$28/night parking in underground garage, is more reasonable than most hotels in the DC area.

Next time we come, I will be more inclined to stay further out from the craziness of the city.

This Residence Inn needs a facelift due to the tremendous amount of visitors it gets. Every weekend, there is some kind of major event going on! While we were here, due to the Army Run, many roads and bridges were closed and our Lyft drivers had to be very creative getting us back and forth from our hotel. I give them props for that!

Everyone here was very friendly.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kfadams
Terrence D, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear kfadams,

I'm sorry that your recent hotel stay did not meet your expectations. You've indicated several customer service issues that occurred but were not addressed during your stay. But, from your review comments, it's apparent that the property you stayed at is not the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel. We are not located across from the Pentagon, nor do our rooms have kitchenettes or microwaves.

I hope you take the opportunity to determine which property you stayed at and provide them your honest feedback so that they have the opportunity to address the guest service issues you've described in your review.

Reviewed 27 September 2018

I was checked in in Capital View hotel for a day but had an extremely comfortable stay.It is situated in a quiet and peaceful area.We went and ordered some food at the restaurant ,that rather took a while to come on the table. The staff was no where to be seen around. I actually had to go and find someone and ask them about why the food was getting so delayed. The staff in my opinion needs to be more efficient and responsible.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Dear Vasuda S,

Thank you for sharing your experience of the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel with other travelers. It was our pleasure having you as our guest and we are delighted you loved our relaxing atmosphere. Our number one priority is making sure you receive outstanding service from our team, so we are sorry for disappointing you. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Its a nice lobby, get used to it because I had to visit it alot in my first check in. I asked if the room was in a quiet location and it faced the airport - which is far enough away you wont really hear the planes, but just outside our window from the 5th floor was a FREIGHT TRAIN rumbling by. Imagine the staff dont know there's train track so close to the building? Sent to a new room on the other side, no view, less noise. The door to the room didnt lock, but when I called the desk they didnt answer (registering guests) so I went back to the lobby I would see more often to ask for maintenance to fix, which they did. I asked for two FOAM pillows at check in and got two pillows, more feather, even tho I emphasized the word FOAM. Had to go back to the lovely lobby with its many tasteful colors and again ask for assistance. Eventually got the foam.
There's self parking but its pricey. Go one block past the building and there's free street parking but staff dont tell you that because they want it for themselves. Theres a coffee shop in lobby but its not open late, there's a restaurant and bar, but plenty of shops and eateries down the street about two blocks - but be careful crossing the street(s). The shuttle takes you to the metro and you can wisk into DC easily. rooms are on the small side, but larger than most in DC - with upscale decor and fine linens and a nice 60+ inch flat screen. I usually speed test the internet but on this occasion I didnt have time - free version was bare bones. I dislike the showerheads but the pressure was fine. Corridors are carpeted and the noise level was low, except for the 'slam' of the room doors which needs to be fixed for those who dont have to catch the 5 am flight. Was here for a conference and the accommodations were good, but pricey. On Friday night hotel tonight app can find you a room for $75 nearby - its a crystal city because of all the rooms and glass in the windows, tons of hotels here, so competition is stiff. Id stay here again but not on my dime as all I use the room for is sleep and shower, that's it.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear HikingTom,

Thank you for your detailed feedback about your conference visit to the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel. Although your overall stay was comfortable, your comments indicated we missed the mark in a few areas and regret the issues which inconvenienced you. We are always striving for perfection and your remarks will certainly assist us in doing so. We look forward to making your next trip a flawless one.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed all over DC area more times than i can count... this is now my favorite spot. It’s a quiet area, easy accessible to downtown DC and to Arlington and the room is comfortable and the rooms are well appointed and the lobby is upscale and contemporary.

Self parking cost $32 per day, whereas valet is $37... we did valet, where my only complaint is... i called down to have the car brought around and they never answered at the valet. And when I’d show up downstairs no one was there.. then after hanging for a bit, they’d walk around the corner (from the opposite direction of the gag rage) and sometimes had sleepy eyes, like hey had been napping.

Outside of the valet though, it was a fine experience and I’ll be staying here again for sure.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Terrence D, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for providing your valued feedback. I'm sorry to hear about the issues that occurred with the parking garage attendants and I've met with their management team to discuss your concerns mentioned in your review and to ensure that the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent similar issues from occurring in the future.

I hope that you will consider us again for another stay whenever your travel plans include the DC metro area; we'd love the opportunity to better your next experience with us.