All reviews train tracks crystal city the concierge lounge beautiful hotel free shuttle reagan airport walk in shower fitness center lobby restaurant metro shuttle club room dc area runs every minutes self park shuttle service front desk staff reagan national
Reviewed 31 December 2015

We stayed in connecting rooms for 5 nights during Thanksgiving. The rooms are large with nice natural light from windows; very clean. King bed was very comfy. Nice shuttle service to area restaurants and metro station. I'm a light sleeper and found the rooms to be quiet and comfortable. The rate was so affordable that we did not mind the metro ride into DC daily. Our children enjoyed sitting in the club lounge and watching planes take off at Reagan. Staff very friendly and helpful as expected at a top rated a Renaissance.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank lauracr2013
JERRY C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2016

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Arlington Capital View. I'm delighted that we met your expectations and we look forward to having you again as our guest whenever you travel next for business or leisure.

Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

I was here for business and the stay was excellent. Very convenient to Reagan airport. I did not stray too far from hotel but the location seemed to be going under a nice urban revitalization. Restaurants within walking distance. Rooms were very clean and amenities were excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel which is part of the Marriott chain.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View. I'm delighted that we met your expectations and hope you will think of us again the next time you travel to the DC area.

Reviewed 29 December 2015

Very nice clean hotel, and QUIET... Even with two well-attended conferences going on during our stay.

We had a lovely room with a view of DCA and the Capitol building.. I really enjoyed that view.

Definitely take advantage of the shuttles to the Airport and to the Metro. Even if you aren't going to take the Metro into the city, it will take you over to the Crystal City shops which gives you food and shopping options.

We'll be back next! I love the Renaissance hotel brand, generally, and this one did not disappoint!

Room Tip: Try to get one with the City View! Very nice!
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View. Should your travel plans ever bring you back to the DC area, we would be honored to extend our guest service to you once again.

Reviewed 18 December 2015 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay @ the Renaissance. It's close to restaurants, easy access to transportation, nice Libby, comfortable bed and clean room. There's a restaurant in the premises, but I didn't care for the menu or prices. Overall, great experience for the price. Shuttle to airport saved me cab fare. I'd stay here again.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
JERRY C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2015

Thank you for staying with us at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View. We're glad you chose to stay with us and can't wait until you return again for another visit!

Reviewed 18 December 2015

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and overall I find this to be a very good property. The front desk staff is unusually well trained for a Marriott property. They will go the extra mile to ensure your room is satisfactory and your stay is exceptional. I have found that virtually every person working at the front desk is a stellar performer---something quite unusual for hotels.

This is a great property with a nice lobby, excellent food and well appointed rooms. The fitness center is excellent and the hotel has coin operated washers and dryers which is very convenient.

My only complaint about this hotel---and it is a big one---is the climate control system. This stay I noticed the presence of a large metal box on the ceiling of the room. This device was not present during my previous stays and is clearly an additional to the climate control system. Whatever change they have made does not work. I had a terrible stay due to constantly changing room temperature, especially at night. The situation was so bad I will probably not visit this property again even though I really like all other aspects of the hotel.

A question for management: Have you really done a cost analysis on your climate control system? Do you account for frequent travelers like me who spend a lot on hotels but will avoid your property because the room is not comfortable? Have you figured out that all of the money you spend on training, cleaning, decorating, great food and staff is wasted if your guests don't get a good night sleep? Who picks a hotel that doesn't allow them to started the stay rested and refreshed? Someone who has never actually slept at this hotel picked a climate system based on marketing material and cost savings and it DOES NOT WORK. Find this person / team, fire them all and get your system back to where it was when you first opened.

I gave the hotel three stars but it would rate five except for the climate control issue. This is a major negative in what is otherwise a good hotel.

Room Tip: Request an override of the climate control system.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business

I'm sorry that your stay was compromised by the climate control system in your room. We are doing everything that we can to minimize any inconvenience to our guests and your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate department to ensure that this was an isolated incident.