All reviews train tracks crystal city illy coffee shop the concierge lounge beautiful hotel free shuttle reagan airport fitness center lobby restaurant metro shuttle business conference dc area self park shuttle service front desk staff reagan national potomac river
Reviewed 29 August 2012

This hotel is very convenient to Reagan National Airport, Metro, and Crystal City. I think it would be a great place to stay for people doing business in this area. This neighborhood is right across the river from Washington, DC, so you get a beautiful view of the city and avoid many of the negatives. It's also convenient to Metro, so you can easily get around for sightseeing and entertainment.

We stayed here for a dance competition, and this property was absolutely perfect. They can put together one enormous ballroom. They catered and served a lovely midnight breakfast buffet for our group. My only comment about that was, given the large number of people they had, they really should have set up more than 2 buffet lines. Things went at a glacial pace.

Most of the staff was very friendly. The hotel restaurant was actually pretty good: we ate there twice over the weekend (Steak salad, pizza, meatball sandwich). The salads were fresh, the pizza had a nice crust and fresh toppings.

This is a really beautiful property, very well-maintained, very clean, and with a clean smell. The beds were delightful. Even though it's right next to the airport, we never heard a plane go by. There are many inviting public areas to sit and socialize in: the lobby has ample seating, and the restaurant/bar are open to the lobby, so you can see people you know when you come in. The conference rooms on the second floor also have good congregating space both inside and out.

I hope our competition returns to this hotel next year, because I would love to stay here again.

The neighborhood in which the hotel is located is about 95% businesses, so most of the restaurants and shops close after working hours. It would not be a good neighborhood to stay in if you want to be in the middle of night life options.

Room tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

We are delighted that you had a chance to experience our hotel while attending a group event. We certainly anticipate hosting the event again next year and we hope to see you then!

Reviewed 27 August 2012

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Stayed on the 10th floor and had a view of Reagan airport, the water and trains. So much to see in the daytime and beautiful at night as well. Ask for a room with a view. Rooms were beautifully appointed, underground parking was convenient, albeit pricey. Loved the ultra modern lobby, the deck next to the pool, and the proximity to restaurants within walking distance.

Room tip: Ask for a room overlooking airport!!!
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

I think it's fabulous when guests stay at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View and get a chance to discover new and wonderful places to relax and unwind while at the hotel. I have to agree with you. The rooftop, outdoor lounge area next to the pool is a great place to unwind. And have you taken one of our complimentary bikes for a ride on the nearby trails? It's a great way to get some fresh air!

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel from July, 14-17 and at check in I was notified that there would be a 75 per night charge for incidentals such as room service, Internet which would be taken off the held amount however at the end of my stay. I received a receipt with the charges on it and the front desk explained that the held amount that was put on my credit card would be credited back to me. But as I get my aug credit card bill there is a 300 dollar charge still by the hotel even though I paid in full through Travelocity and only incurred a total of 50 dollars in one room service and one day of Internet. Why is this the case?

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Thank you for staying at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View. I have also received your message from Marriott Customer Care regarding the hold that was placed on your credit card and we are working to resolve this issue. Please contact the hotel directly if you need to speak with me. I will be more than happy to assist you

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Our stay at the Renaissance was the best hotel experience we have ever had. The rooms and general decor were beautiful, the staff was beyond excellent, and not once did we feel unwelcome! The beautiful girl at the front desk (evening hours) knew who I was by name after our initial check in and always greeted me with it- very personal service! I wish I had gotten her name so I could commend her personally! We traveled with our 3 teenagers so we were in need of extra toiletries and towels everyday which were cheerfully given out (Aveda products too!!) and any requests were handled within minutes. The valet parking was worth the extra $5/day as the attendants were kind, quick and extremely helpful. My only negative issue was the wifi not being provided free in rooms. However it was available in the lobby area where they also had several computers set up for free use. We needed a roll away bed and it was provided at no charge and parking was reasonable compared to surrounding hotels. I would highly recommend this hotel and if we visit again I would definitely stay there! Great job Marriott on this fantastic hotel and the wonderful staff!

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel for your stay. We are pleased that your Renaissance experience with us met your expectations and we hope you will come back for another stay in the future. Your review will be shared with our staff members to commend them for their guest service.