All reviews train tracks crystal city illy coffee shop the concierge lounge beautiful hotel free shuttle reagan airport walk in shower fitness center lobby restaurant metro shuttle club room dc area runs every minutes self park shuttle service front desk staff
Reviewed 31 August 2012

While working in DC, my family joined me at this hotel. The upscale atmosphere of the hotel really impressed the kids. The lobby bathrooms and lobby layout was unique and enjoyable. I enjoying staying in the crystal city area because of the many restuarants within walking distance. The pool at the hotel was a bit small for the kids. The concierge lounge was nice, but we really enjoy bacon with our eggs and not one day did they serve bacon - small complaint. The rooms are nice and quiet. Definitely return when I am working, but may find something with a larger pool and a bit closer to the metro if returning with the family.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel for your stay. We appreciate your feedback regarding the amenities of the hotel and your comments will be shared with the rest of the team. We are constantly striving to create an atmosphere that can be enjoyed by all.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

This hotel is very convenient to Reagan National Airport, Metro, and Crystal City. I think it would be a great place to stay for people doing business in this area. This neighborhood is right across the river from Washington, DC, so you get a beautiful view of the city and avoid many of the negatives. It's also convenient to Metro, so you can easily get around for sightseeing and entertainment.

We stayed here for a dance competition, and this property was absolutely perfect. They can put together one enormous ballroom. They catered and served a lovely midnight breakfast buffet for our group. My only comment about that was, given the large number of people they had, they really should have set up more than 2 buffet lines. Things went at a glacial pace.

Most of the staff was very friendly. The hotel restaurant was actually pretty good: we ate there twice over the weekend (Steak salad, pizza, meatball sandwich). The salads were fresh, the pizza had a nice crust and fresh toppings.

This is a really beautiful property, very well-maintained, very clean, and with a clean smell. The beds were delightful. Even though it's right next to the airport, we never heard a plane go by. There are many inviting public areas to sit and socialize in: the lobby has ample seating, and the restaurant/bar are open to the lobby, so you can see people you know when you come in. The conference rooms on the second floor also have good congregating space both inside and out.

I hope our competition returns to this hotel next year, because I would love to stay here again.

The neighborhood in which the hotel is located is about 95% businesses, so most of the restaurants and shops close after working hours. It would not be a good neighborhood to stay in if you want to be in the middle of night life options.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

We are delighted that you had a chance to experience our hotel while attending a group event. We certainly anticipate hosting the event again next year and we hope to see you then!

Reviewed 27 August 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Stayed on the 10th floor and had a view of Reagan airport, the water and trains. So much to see in the daytime and beautiful at night as well. Ask for a room with a view. Rooms were beautifully appointed, underground parking was convenient, albeit pricey. Loved the ultra modern lobby, the deck next to the pool, and the proximity to restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking airport!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

I think it's fabulous when guests stay at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View and get a chance to discover new and wonderful places to relax and unwind while at the hotel. I have to agree with you. The rooftop, outdoor lounge area next to the pool is a great place to unwind. And have you taken one of our complimentary bikes for a ride on the nearby trails? It's a great way to get some fresh air!

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel from July, 14-17 and at check in I was notified that there would be a 75 per night charge for incidentals such as room service, Internet which would be taken off the held amount however at the end of my stay. I received a receipt with the charges on it and the front desk explained that the held amount that was put on my credit card would be credited back to me. But as I get my aug credit card bill there is a 300 dollar charge still by the hotel even though I paid in full through Travelocity and only incurred a total of 50 dollars in one room service and one day of Internet. Why is this the case?

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Thank you for staying at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View. I have also received your message from Marriott Customer Care regarding the hold that was placed on your credit card and we are working to resolve this issue. Please contact the hotel directly if you need to speak with me. I will be more than happy to assist you