2 people are viewing this hotel
US$194
US$194
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
US$189
Hotels.comUS$194
Residence InnUS$194
TravelocityUS$194
All reviews crystal city free breakfast dc area fitness center yogurt sitting area front desk staff parking garage business trip national mall shuttle metro dca dishwasher inns uber proximity
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 July 2022

The most incompetent staff I have EVER encountered! I’ve been all over the world to 100s of hotels and this has been the most disrespectful, dismissive and distasteful customer service experience I have ever had. I

stayed at this hotel due to proximity and out of necessity, so to say the least, I am extremely disappointed. The employees, including management (Derek McNeil), do not follow protocol and charged my card without my authorization (legally considered fraud). In addition, Melanie and Asad Shafique were extremely rude and unfriendly upon check-in. I was able to speak to the operations manager (Derek) the following day about the unauthorized charges and rate change. He assured me that the original total of $74.98 would be what is charged to my account rather than the $181.23 they charged to one card and the $3.00 they charged to another (for a total $184.23).

For the past 2 weeks, I have emailed Derek McNeil, Rewant Jain (Senior Marketing Manager) as well as the general manager of the property, Terrence Duvall to no avail. I called the property multiple times DAILY and have yet to reach anyone in management. Instead, I am continuously told that they are “in a meeting” or “away from the property.” All of the poor reviews must be because of the failure in management at this property.

UPDATE: Finally, a man by the name of Vikar called me saying that he was the Complex Director of Operations and that he would personally be taking care of the matter. I have yet to receive any communication from him since then about the issue.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 156seblea
Reviewed 13 July 2022

This is what I wrote to the Manager of the hotel.

Mr. Hassan,

Let me congratulate you on assembling one of the finest teams of hotel workers I have known. I especially want to point out Diamond, Larry, Carl, Melanie and Lourdes at the front desk and Johannes in housekeeping. Although I didn’t speak to any of them I also appreciate the maids who serviced our room every day. The reason I want to mention each person is because each addressed the issues we were having in a friendly, personal and professional manner.

When my husband and I get to our room, we go over it to make sure anything out of place is mentioned to the front desk staff before we unpack. We found the living room chair in disrepair, a knob missing from the stovetop and the TV wasn’t working. By the time we returned to the front desk with our report, Diamond was on duty and asked if we wanted to change our room. She personally came to the second room and we told her that we preferred the first room if the items that needed addressing could be resolved. In fact, some were resolved by the time we returned to the first room.

I also want to let you know that I had the best night’s sleep I’ve had in a long time! This was my first time at a Residence and my husband and I agree that we now need a reason to come back. Having a full refrigerator, free wifi, hot buffet breakfast, a fantastic and helpful staff and all the other amenities has made this our go-to for future stays in Arlington/Crystal City.

I only have one suggestion to make and that is for your buffet. I know there may be safety rules involved, but a hot buffet should stay hot; one morning I was the first one there and by the time I got to my table the waffles were cold. This continued the next days for the pancakes and french toast. If there’s a problem with keeping a flame under each tray, may I recommend you put one or two small microwaves in or immediately outside the buffet area.

I have already recommended your hotel to a friend. And I’ll continue to do so to any and all who ask “What’s the best hotel in Arlington?”

Room tip: We could see planes landing at DCA. We couldn't HEAR them though, the windows were soundproof.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2022 via mobile

My wife, toddler and I spent a few nights here. Overall, this is a great option for anyone who wants a relatively newish (property was built in 2011 from what I could research) suite hotel with full kitchens and a solid free breakfast. The staff was very friendly and helpful - basically I felt if I needed something they were there to help. The breakfast had eggs, fresh oatmeal, Chiobani yogurt, etc…none of that pre-packaged stuff one might see at other hotels advertising a free breakfast. The hotel is in a very safe area, walking distance to Metro and there’s a running trail nearby. You really can’t go wrong staying here especially if you are unfamiliar with the DC area and need to ensure you stay in safe surroundings close to the city. Lastly, while we travel with our own Keurig, this hotel did have Starbucks coffee pods in the suite which is just one of those extra special things. Like when you’re away from home do you want Starbucks in your suite or some no name brand coffee…?

If I could change anything about this property it would be:
-Having regular plates and utensils for breakfast vs paper plates/utensils
-I really, really wish the bathroom was fully contained - I.e, I like the toilet, shower and sink all to be behind a door. In this hotel, every time one person wants to use the sink (which is out in the open) they have to turn on the light and disturb the other person in bed. Seems like the newest Residence Inns are moving away from this and keeping everything behind the bathroom door so to speak and I much prefer that.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2022

Worst expirience in my life, Worst reception attention. Nobody helps with laugagge, we were with small kids and seniors , with a full family group, and as we were comming from latino america , the discriminate us!!. The treatment was unrespectful, with bad manners , just for asking for rooms in same floor.Nobody cooperated , the personel from from desk absolutely without expirience how to treat the client. A bad moment of discrimination and no respect at all. Dont go if u want to have a good expirience

Date of stay: June 2022
1  Thank NathaliaT113
Reviewed 27 June 2022

We arrive with my complete family ( My parents 70's year old ) my sister and our kids (7 and 5 ) . Flying from South america with big luggage, since the moment we arrive ABSOLUTELY NOBODY HELP US with it. THen at the CHECK IN ALL the STAFF was completely rude, not trying to help with nothing. We just request to have the 2 rooms at the same floor, as per the family logistic. And with bad manners, they did not even try to search it. Then also they refuse to charge the reawrds member points, being lazy saying they did not find it in the sistem., Then manager came, and also did not solve NOTHING< they treat us Like never in our complete life. Sending us security,as if we were "dangerous". The lady from security absolutly understand our point of view, but she coudl not do anything, and said that compulsary they cancel our reservartions. Were we choose that hotel, because we were attending a FAMILY REUNION were other 70 members of the family were at the same hotel, and Rooms and food was already contract there. For sure we wont stay in Silence , and WE WILL DENOUNCE THIS TO ALL THE CORRESPONDING DEPARTMENTS and AUTHORITIES. Also being memebers of MARRIOT REWARDS< for many years.... this was UNACCEPTABLE.

Room tip: worst attention ever
Date of stay: June 2022