1,299 results
All reviews grocery store movie theater great location signature theater harris teeter within walking distance restaurants and shops dc area parking garage free shuttle shuttle service the pentagon city metro station numerous restaurants excellent hotel hotel shuttle the hotel offers business center
Reviewed 20 September 2018

The check-in process was a bit slow because the attendants appeared to be pre-occupied by someone on the phone. The room was standard with a king bed. The room and the bathroom were clean. The view out window was horrible...…..I could see the dumpster below and the roof of a building next door. Complimentary coffee was only available in the morning compared to most hotels that have coffee available 24/7.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Miri L, on behalf of management at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington/Shirlington, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear tyronet79

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Miri L.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

Very nice, basic hotel. Clean and comfortable with an efficient staff. It is in the charming village of Shirlington, part of Arlington, VA. This is an entire town of restaurants and cafes so the dining options are excellent.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 17 September 2018

I booked a room at the Hilton in Arlington to avoid traffic for a flight out of Reagan to Miami. The hotel price was reasonable and they offer free shuttle service to the airport and indoor parking at $15/ day for the duration of the trip.
The hotel is a bit hard to find near the Pentagon but the facility is decent and registration was pleasant. The room was clean and the only glitch was difficulty getting the shower to work.
I checked out early the next day and prepaid for seven days of parking and was directed to call the hotel upon retrieving my luggage when I returned to Reagan.
The transport to the airport went well and upon return problems started. Initially the hotel could not confirm that I had stayed there the week before or parked at the garage. This glitch resolved after several calls and we were picked up about a half hour,later than expected.
When the van returned to the hotel I let my wife with the van driver and walked to the garage to retrieve my car. I took the elevator to the 4th floor which was my recollection of its location....no car. Assuming I erred I walked down another level...no car. I retraced my steps nd checked my phone for a photo of th slot number...no luck.
As I stared to think that the car was stolen and I would be spending the day with police,paperwork and insurance claims and need for a rental to get home, my wife called my cell to inquire about the delay. I explained that I could not find the car and she suggested I wait at the garage while she checked with the desk.
The clerk at the desk had no idea but said that he would make some calls.
She called to advise that the car had been “ towed” to allow work to be completed in the area where I had parked.
I got the information about where to find my car and was livid since my car has a sophisticated AWD which can only be “ towed” with all wheels off the ground without risk of serious damage to the transmission and drivetrain that is not always immediately apparent....and really expensive to repair.
The car started and moved and after I drove to the hotel,entrance and loaded the luggage I went inside to talk to the manager about why/how my car was moved without notice to me or seeking my permission.....and why I had not been notified of the move and the new location. The manager did not come to the desk despite several calls but eventually sent an Assistant who agreed that I should have been notified that the car was moved and it’s location rather than wasting an hour looking for the car in DC heat.
I explained to the manager that I needed to know who authorized the move and how it had been accomplished in the event that drivetrain problems developed. I also advised that I would expect written conformation that Hilton would take responsibility for such repairs.
I advised that I would anticipate a written response within 48 hours and withheld writing this review until that time elapsed with NO response.
I would have been upset that my car was moved without assurance that the party doing the towing knew how to do it, but I was angrier that I had not received notice that it was done and where to find it before sweating my butt off looking for the car. The delay in pickup coupled with the delay in finding the car and waiting for the manager not only cost me over 21/2 hours of my time but threw me into rush hour traffic on the DC
Beltway in a downpour.
It is anomalous that i had received two emails in the 7 days that I was away on vacation asking for my review of the hotel but could not be contacted about my car. I also learned that my car was not the only vehicle moved to accommodate repairs at the garage.
I am perhaps most perturbed that the manager did not have the courage to come out of his office to deal with the issue and allowed me to cool my heels for over 30 minutes before sending an assistant .
Not the way to run a service organization

Stayed: September 2018
Calvin P, on behalf of management at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington/Shirlington, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

I was checking into the hotel Saturday, September 8th, and the gentleman who was at the front desk around 7:15 PM was pointedly unpleasant about their parking situation. This hotel’s parking lot is across the street from their building and yet there’s no signage explaining this arrangement near the hotel or at the hotel entrance. Not seeing any instructions, I thought I would park in the parking lot nearby. It turned out the 4th floor had a small designated parking area for hotel guests. When I finally carried all my luggage down from the 4th floor of the parking lot, walked over to cross the street, and tried to check in, the gentleman at the front desk told me that he will give me a tag for me to place in my car for the parking ($15 at the customer’s expense). I told him that this was inconvenient and that I wish I had known about the arrangement before the check-in process. I asked him perhaps I can drop off my luggage in the room and go deal with the tag later in the evening. He became sarcastic and told me that my car will be towed in 30 minutes unless I go back to the car then and place the tag. I just drove from Pittsburgh for 4 hours and I was really tired. A few kind words and even some sympathetic smile from the front desk person would have made a huge difference even if I had to go out and head back to the 4th floor of the parking lot across the street. Instead, what I got was a surprising level of rudeness and indifference. Evidently, the hotel manager was not reachable for the weekend and I had to leave a voicemail about my experience. I hope to continue the conversation with the management as this was not the type of customer service I expected from a Hilton Garden Inn location that is so well rated.

Stayed: September 2018
Ben H, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington/Shirlington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Jongwoo K: I want to personally apologize for the negative experience that you had while visiting our hotel. This is not how we operate on a daily basis and I've addressed this issue with the staff member that was on duty and used it as a training opportunity. I have also removed the parking charge from you room bill. Please contact me at ben.henderson@Hilton.com so I can discuss this more in detail with you. I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Arlington/Shirlington and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Short stay for family reasons. Great location. Parking is tricky, if you park on the 3rd floor it is free. If you park on the 4th floor which is for hotel guests, it is 15 dollars a day. Room is sterile but clean. No natural light at all as window faces a very close brick wall. What really bothered me was the carpeting in the hallways, absolutely filthy. Needed a good vacuuming and shampoo, and better yet, replacement. On my way out the last morning, this was by the elevator!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo