“First timer ”

Garrett Popcorn Shops
Ranked #16 of 27 Dessert in Arlington
Description: Since 1949, Garrett Popcorn Shops has been the home of the original Chicago-style popcorn. Fans and popcorn lovers from around the world line up outside our shops for our irresistible cheddar cheese and caramel popcorn mix. Our menu also includes plain, buttery, cheese, caramel, cashew, almond, pecan, macadamia, and seasonal flavors. Dedicated to preserving our secret family recipes, we only use high-quality, local ingredients to create our delicious popcorn in old-fashioned copper kettles. Made fresh daily in small batches, our gourmet popcorn is gluten free, preservative free, and full of delicious flavors. Stop by our shops to try our famous treats or order your popcorn tins online. Join our mailing list and follow us on social media to be the first to know the latest news and promotions.
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

First-time visit for us to this establishment as they don't exist on the West Coast. The smells emanating from here drew us in and we decided on the caramel cashew corn as well as a mixture of cheese corn and regular popcorn. We decided to go with the large bag, which given the name a "large" I would think would be more than a couple servings, but it turns out it was just enough for both of us for a nice dessert. $12 for a large bag. A little pricey but worth the Indulgence. Looking online prices are relatively high for larger tins for your home and enjoyment. Although I would recommend eating hot I'm not sure what I would be missing receiving my order 5-7 later, although fresh may not be obviously as fresh when it's nice and hot

Reviewed 18 April 2017

I know Chicago is famous for their deep dish pizza and their style hot dogs but the best food to come out of Chicago is the popcorn. Get the Garrett Mix and you will be happy.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

The popcorn is good. I would definitely recommend this place. They have different kinds of flavors also. But, overall it was good.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

It was a pleasant surprise to find Garrett's in Pentagon City. The line went quickly and the medium seems huge as we've been eating it for a couple of days. I find the cheesy popcorn to be a bit greasy but addictive. Love the caramel/cheese mix.

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

Quick stop through Pentagon City on our way to Richmond and we had to go to Garrett's. I try to get some on my way throughChicago so I was more than excited when the Pentagon City store opened. We arrived early on Sunday morning close to opening. We walked right in.. The staff was friendly and engaging. I even expressed the issue of the cheddar being stale at the ATL store (twice) when people delivered that was purchased on Sunday and the young lady made sure I tasted before she added to my Chicago mix. This popcorn mix was freehand the Carmel pecan was delicious as well. I will definitely return.