Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria
  • Room Service
US$122
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

US$160
GardenInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$164
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$203/night.

US$166
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$187/night.

Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$136
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$151/night.

US$164
  • Pool
US$226
US$200
Hampton.com
US$210
Homewood
All reviewsfront deskdc arearoom was cleanrichmond highwayhuntington metro stationbudget hotelper nightnational harborpublic transportationfridge and microwaveminute driveeasy accessold townfew blocksfree parkingpetwalmart
Reviewed 17 May 2018

Traveled to the area for a very short stay to visit family and were pleasantly surprised. For a value motel, the room had comfortable beds, was clean, had updated decor with hardwood floor (probably simulated but looked nice nonetheless), ample plugs, a safe, microwave, ironing board, desk, free wifi, and refrigerator. Debie at the front desk was super nice and got us checked in quickly. The small lobby was clean and had free coffee. There was also a vending area behind the lobby. Also, super easy access to I-95/Beltway (like 1/2 mile). We also had 1/2 day free and went to see National Harbor...literally a less than 10 minute drive. Obviously, its not the Waldorf Astoria. But no motel is. If you understand what you are paying for and what you are getting you almost can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: Perhaps the upper floor would be preferable. There was some foot traffic outside our door.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Just wanted stop and take time write a review about wonderful experience at Redroof plus Washington . When arrived after long day and dealing with traffic front desk staff Debie has all paperwork done for quick and easy check in I very much appreciate. The hotel is located for convenient transportation to beltway also metro few blocks away and of course Reagan national not that far neither . I want thank the front desk staff for there kindness.

Room Tip: Rooms are quieter in back
Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

This was A positive surprise. The room was clean, stuff kind and helpful. No bugs. Only 30 minutes metro drive to dc. The station was easy To find and took about 20 min To walk there . Walmart nearby where we bought breakfast from. Free parking, good WiFi. Quiet, except the traffic, but it didnt bother.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sara S
Bikas S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

I am pleased to hear that you find our location to your liking. On your next visit, we would be honored to share with you a sample itinerary that will help you maximize your stay in the area. I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I was going to Alexandria for a couple of nights to visit my daughter and needed a hotel for the first time - staying at her place was not an option this time for me. Looking for a clean bed, convenient to her area and on the cheap side.

I used priceline express deals and this was the blind option I received once going thru the choices. I have usually been pleasantly surprised when I get my hotel with almost every other time I used this or the Name your own price tool.

When the hotel was revealed, I let out an audible groan. I mean motel with exterior entrance doors - I should have forked over the additional cash for a "better" brand.

Pleasantly surprised with the room and the service. The check in gentleman was extremely nice and informative. No need to even leave a credit card on file since they are slim on (read as nothing) that can be charged to the room. I got to the room, I had a good king size bed, four pillows - two firm and two soft. Sink outside the bathroom / shower. Decent soap and shampoo and a packet of facial tissues. All good. TV was fine with plenty of choices including HBO. And getting the room for 40% off was the cherry on top.

So for me solo, it was great. Functional and clean for the two 7 hours times I spent in the room. It would not have worked as well if I had my significant other with me, but that is my issue!!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel at a great rate!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Located strategically close to the intersection of Hwy 1 and I-495/95 (Beltway), just off the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Budget hotel, but very clean room and bathroom that are unbeatable at this price. Beds were comfortable. Room had a fridge and microwave. Overall, nice stay, nothing to complain about.

Tip: Rooms have an in-room safe, with a charge if you use it. The charge is pre-charged to the credit card at checkin. Make sure to ask the front desk to remove this charge at check out time, otherwise it will stay there.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for the deposit for the in-room safe to be removed from hotel bill, if in-room safe was not used.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Our locations is definitely one of the things we are very proud of about our hotel. We are so lucky to have a property in the heart of Alexandria's Richmond Highway and a very strategic location that brings our guest just a few steps away from must-see attractions and modern-day conveniences. Thank you so much for your kind review!