All reviews potomac river king street old town flight path extra perks free shuttle braddock road reagan airport several blocks hotel shuttle shuttle service block walk metro station dc area roland capital
Reviewed 12 April 2016

I spent 2 weeks here on business. The room was comfortable and had a great view. A super convenient shuttle service which will drop you and pick you up from the Reagan airport and king street. The river and the trial is in walking distance. I could have given it a five star for my stay but the food menu was relatively short and was a bit disappointing for me and so had to go up to king street or near by deli for food. But I loved the free breakfast buffet. Overall I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: go for top floors for better view
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

I spent three nights here on business (2 nights without luggage - thanks United Airlines) the staff was nice enough. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed but starting to show their wear. The bathrooms need to be updated. The shower would go from hot to ice cold to scalding. The cleaning left alot to be desired, somehow after cleaning more hair ended up in my bath tub - hair that wasnt mine (Im blonde, I dont have long brown hair) but on day two there was brown hair my tub...
Breakfast is average, but it does not change so if you stay here a few days - youre eatting the same day everyday. I am also confused about the older lady who works at breakfast, she doesnt actually do anything - she just repeats orders to someone else (like coffee or juice) then that person does it, it seems redundant, and odd.
Overall I was not overly impressed. If it wasnt for the location I wouldnt stay again.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2016

Dear Emily K,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about our staff and the rooms.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the shower, housekeeping and cleanliness. We will address these concerns. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

The hotel was all around a great place to stay. They have a super convenient free shuttle that we took every day to Reagan Airport to catch the metro into DC. The room was very clean, very comfortable and espite its close proximity to the airport, my wife and I slept like babies.

The only problems we had were that my pregnant wife got locked out of the room while I was in town. Despite having seen the same staff member every day they would not give her a new key until I called them to authorize it 45 minutes later when I saw the text messages and voicemails.

I would also pass on the in-house dining options as they were lackluster and somewhat embarrassing for the hotel. One night we decided to get dinner at the Railstop Gastopub on the second floor and I ordered a Caesar salad and added grilled chicken. The salad was fine but the grilled chicken which cost $8 to add were those microwavable Tyson chicken breast strips. I didn't eat them and the Manager was quick to comp my tab but it still sullied the whole experience.

Other than those two hiccups, I still found the hotel to be a great place to stay while visiting DC and can see myself staying there again.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear camelot43,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate that you find our location to be convenient and for your nice comment about cleanliness.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service and the grilled chicken. We will address this concern. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 April 2016

I enjoyed our stay at the hotel. It was well located, about a 2 minute drive to the town. And about a 15-20 min walk. It's right on the river, so you can walk along the river. The area is quiet and felt safe. Rooms are fine and clean. And the price is worth it.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for a business meeting. Staff were very nice, easy hotel to get to. Parking was very easy, on site. Room was on 11th floor, what a beautiful view of Potomac. We watched planes coming and going. Room walls are a bit thin. Neighboring room kept coming in at 230am and would wake us up. Nice bar on second floor, served a great chocolate martini. Lng walk to king street, but hotel shuttle will take you. We enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business