Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$340
View deal
Hotels.comUS$340
PricelineUS$340
Booking.comUS$340
TravelocityUS$340
AutographUS$337
Orbitz.comUS$340
All reviews old town alexandria king street boutique hotel small hotel corner room valet parking wine hour street parking restaurants and shops upon check happy hour monique doorman fireplace marriott robes waterfront
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 January 2022

I stayed at the Morrison House and I really enjoyed my stay .
Great location, Wonderful staff at the Front Desk , cant thank them all for the exceptional service they extended to me and my family.

We booked two rooms and we contacted the hotel Manager Sam S who was so helpful and honored our requests- 2 rooms next to each others.

The other Sam was very nice and decent,Both Sams received and welcomed us upon arrival and helped us with our luggage. Our room was clean. Grab and Go breakfast was very nice and we enjoyed the happy wine hour.

I will recommend this hotel to my friends and family . I hope I will visit this hotel again this year .

Date of stay: December 2021
sam Shaheen, Guest Services / Front Office at Morrison House Old Town Alexandria, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2022

Dear JohnWM4357OZ,

Greetings from the Morrison House Hotel, Autograph Collection, Old Town, Alexandria!

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback following your recent stay at the Morrison House, Autograph Collection !

We are pleased to learn that you had a great stay with us and all associates mentioned in your review will be recognized for the outstanding job they extended it to you during your stay.

Once again, Many thanks for sharing your positive feedback and we hope to see you sometime soon at the Morrison House.

Reviewed 27 December 2021

Excellent: Location, location, location! Morrison House is perfectly located just off King Street near small boutiques and restaurants. It is a comfortable walk from the Alexandria Amtrak Station and the waterfront.
Excellent: The Staff! On our 3 night stay we had contact with numerous desk attendants and 1 housekeeper. Everyone was helpful and courteous!
Excellent: Room size was large for a small hotel and extremely clean upon arrival.

Good: The beautiful exterior of the building. The common room with gas fireplace. The unadvertised wine hour daily from5-6pm. The beautifully appointed rooms!

Bad: I missed the small print that the rooms would not be serviced during multi-night stays. Eating breakfast in our room was lovely but the trash and crumbs that built up over 3 days is inviting rodents and insects.

Ugly: Today I went to the website and copied this: “Our restaurant features a seasonal menu of small plates expertly paired with masterfully created cocktails, as well as live entertainment. With three elegant event spaces, we can host professional and social gatherings that are sure to impress.” I also went to hotels.com and viewed the very pictures that convinced me to pay a higher price to stay at the Morrison House. I was looking at another hotel on the waterfront and noticed that their restaurant was closed. I called and asked about it and received a run around, so booked the Morrison House. Guess what! No restaurant, no bar! Because it was before Christmas there were a lot of events. The tragedy here is that the events take over hotel space. The first night we had our wine in the beautiful room with the gas fireplace. We had an early dinner the next night to enjoy the room and wine again and we were thrown out! Wine was to be enjoyed in a dark horrible empty bar with the most uncomfortable seating possible.

Even uglier: No restaurant equals no breakfast. I booked looking at a picture of a breakfast buffet. It is very important to us to start the day in the hotel casually, knowing that we would be making restaurant choices later. I was told at checkin that there was no restaurant and the grab and go was pastry and coffee. Upon arrival at breakfast there was pastries and fruit. I went to Starbucks to augment selection and returned to find the very thing I bought now filling the ice filled tub! Be smart, if the selection is limited ask for more. It is not a bad grab and go, much like Marriott airline catered food. But, they really want you to go. A beautiful dining area had all of the tables and chairs stacked up and was only available to breakfast events staged at the hotel. If they can stage an event why can they not stage breakfast for guests?

A helpful hint: I read reviews and read that there was no hot water for more than 1 customer. I booked anyway, sounded incredible for this level of hotel. We were on the top floor, the shower is amazing!!!!, just let it run full hot for a good 5 minutes and it will be wonderfully hot!
Annoying: The event planner who was selling the space to a MOB & Bride in the “bar” during the wine hour and who seemed to be everywhere treating the guests as impediments to her job.

Room tip: High Floor
Date of stay: December 2021
sam Shaheen, Guest Services / Front Office at Morrison House Old Town Alexandria, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2021

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your frank and candid feedback following your recent stay with us here at the Morrison House Hotel .

I was so glad to learn that that you had a wonderful time with us and the team went above and beyond to ensure you had a great stay with us .

All your constructive feedback will be shared with the senior Leadership to ensure immediate corrective actions are taken to avoid such issue from occurring again in the future.

We can only hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you sometime very soon at the Morrison and we will ensure you will have a memorable and problem free stay.

Please reach out to me on my email : sam.shaheen@morrisonhouse.com whenever your travel brings you to the Washington DC area.

Reviewed 27 December 2021 via mobile

What a deeply disappointing stay at the Morrison House on every level. Our room was on the “first floor” which is really a basement—one window barely at subterranean level. The room itself was dated and in need of retouching. The staff, with a couple of exceptions, was ineffective nearly always and rude often. One particularly horrific example was a staff person who stared at us grinning as we struggled to get our bags through the door! We came amidst the Omicron crisis and the front desk staff was not wearing masks (I was wearing a mask when I arrived and a chipper, maskless woman working the desk said to me: “You don’t need that thing in here, baby!”). There’s no food anywhere, at any time except for during breakfast; they “ran out” of bottled water. Overall, a notably poor stay.

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with us regarding your arrival experience following your recent stay with us at the Morrison House Hotel. When I receive feedback such as yours I take it very seriously because it allows me the opportunity to evaluate our service and facilities in order to ensure that the standards and reputation of The Morrison House is maintained.

I would like to offer my most sincere apologies to you that your arrival with us did not meet your expectations. This is not our standard in which we welcome our guests and I can certainly understand your level of disappointment based upon your description of my staff’s failure to assist you.

Please be assured the service you received is not consistent with The Morrison House standards we commit to our guests.
Please know that this will be addressed appropriately. Please feel free to reach out to me through my email : sam.shaheen@morrisonhouse.com

Reviewed 10 December 2021

The place is amazing, especially the manager Sam Shaheen, a super energetic guy who keeps going around to make each and every client feeling at home and exerts all his efforts to meet all your needs and offer you an unforgettable stay. It was one of my best memories, Thank YOu Sam Shaheen to creat not just a super memory for the Morrison House but Also for the Old Alexandria Town with all your tips for the restaurants, shopping malls and even your extra help to make my mission an easier one. Will definitely be back with my friends ❤

Trip type: Travelled on business
sam Shaheen, Guest Services / Front Office at Morrison House Old Town Alexandria, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2022

Dear PerihanSamy,

Reviewed 27 October 2021

This small hotel (45 rooms) sits right in Old Town Alexandria close to everywhere you might walk. The valet was an extremely nice Sam, and then the front desk manager was a second extremely nice Sam. Room was clean and comfy, with a great walk in shower. Breakfast was very nice, even with covid restrictions. There is only valet parking, which was expensive...but everywhere in the area is expensive unless you find street parking. Highly recommend.

Room tip: Corner King rooms are larger
Date of stay: October 2021
Sam Shaheen, Guest Services / Front Office at Morrison House Old Town Alexandria, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2021

Dear Prepmom17,