2 people are viewing this hotel
US$154
Free cancellation until 21/08/22
US$154
Free cancellation until 21/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
US$127
Hotels.comUS$154
PricelineUS$154
HurbUS$162
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 June 2022

I booked this hotel through Expedia d/t the lower price. When we got to the hotel, our room was nothing special. Bathroom needs updating, towel rack kept falling off. The 2nd day when we came back to our room, the beds were not made, there was no coffee for the keurig and the bathroom garbage was not emptied. We had breakfast (not complimentary) and checked out well before noon. When i checked my email this morning, there was an alert on my credit card with a charge from the hotel that was $100 more than expedia had priced our stay. I called the hotel, and of course, they told me to call Expedia. I did and after 15-20 minutes, Expedia had the problem solved, they said it would be 3-5 business days before my $100 was credited to my card. Thank you Expedia, and I don't care how convenient it is to my daughters apartment, we won't stay here again!

Date of stay: June 2022
Cartina Bryant, Other at Holiday Inn Alexandria - Carlyle, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2022

Hello lizanne62! We are sorry to hear that you were not totally satisfied with your stay. As per our new cleaning standards due to Covid 19, guestrooms are cleaned only if you are staying 3+ nights. These rooms are automatically cleaned on the 4th morning of their stay. Guests staying less than 3 nights must request cleaning services with the front desk. This is done to eliminate the number of people going into guest's rooms. Our goal is to keep our guests safe.
Regarding your reservation and your credit card being charged, hotels cannot issue any refunds if the reservation is made through a third party such as expedia. Which is why you were told to contact expedia.
Again, we are sorry for to hear you were not totally satisfied with your stay. We hope this clears up any confusion.

Reviewed 23 May 2022 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel a few times because it’s accessible, has a bar/restaurant and it’s cost effective. I tend to eat at the restaurant and have become friends with Ms. Lolita. She’s always so kind and attentive when we we dine at the restaurant or just grab a drink at the bar. Although. I normally buy a bottle of red wine most times.

As for the food, it’s really good. Kudos to the chef
I really like the convenience of just being able to stay in and eat dinner instead of finding a nearby restaurant.

This location is certainly my first preference and the staff is so welcoming anyway. Najua is a joy at the front desk and is very efficient.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Cartina Bryant, Other at Holiday Inn Alexandria - Carlyle, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2022

From the bottom of our hospitality hearts, THANK YOU! We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to servicing your future hospitality needs. Our Executive Chef, Glen Morgan loves entertaining guests with his tasteful cuisine and his heart will smile when he reads your review. On behalf of Lolita, Najoua, Chef Glen and the rest or our team, we look forward to seeing you again and thank you for being a valued guest.

Reviewed 17 May 2022

I stayed 10/27/21 and had no problem with the hotel room. Standard amenities you would expect, clean, etc. and they have a small workout area. I generally only stay at Holiday Inns because they always have showers that produce decent water pressure, unlike some other places (ahem... Mariott). However, the sinks in the men's restroom here didn't produce any or ample water flow. I figured they were probably just down for repair and thought nothing of it. However I was recently back a few weeks ago (late April '22) and the sinks still have not been fixed 6 months later. It should go without saying that using the restroom and not being able to wash your hands creates a health issue and that's the last thing we need, in this era of COVID. Please restore the sinks to operating condition!!!

Date of stay: October 2021
Management response:Responded 20 May 2022

Thank you for your honest review of our property. Your concern is completely understood and this issue has been escalated to the hotel's General Manager and head of Engineering. This will be a topic of discussion at the weekly operation's meeting with a goal being a solution to the water pressure in the men's restroom. As an IHG property, we're committed to high levels of cleanliness in all areas of the hotel based on the IHG Clean Promise.
We appreciated your continued patronage of our hotel. Thank you!

Reviewed 25 March 2022

I have a reservation for April 1st and call the hotel to get some information about their pet friendly policy. I have a bearded dragon in a small glass enclosure that is portable for travel. I called on Monday 3/21 to see if I would be able to bring my pet. I was told the manager was out and that I can call back the next morning. I got busy at work and called back today 3/25 and was placed on hold for a while so that the rep could ask the manager ( per rep) if it was okay. He then came back and stated that by pet friendly it means dogs and cats.

I then explained what a bearded dragon is they're small, they don't come out of the enclosure to make any mess or do anything at all really. He just continued to say it was not allowed, which is fine, every company has their policies. I then asked to speak to the manager so I can further explain, he began to stuttering and finally transferred me to a voicemail. I left a voicemail so time will tell if I get a call back.

I am already somewhat disappointed because when you advertise to be pet friendly hotel, you must realize that people have different types of pets. Of course dangerous pets or poisonous pets should not be allowed but who's discretion is it as to what is allowed. Is there a list of pets that are allowed and if so where do I confirm?

So I decided to come here, read the reviews and some are not so great. I will be sure to update this review after my stay. Wish me luck.

Date of stay: March 2022
1  Thank skdyer
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Alexandria - Carlyle, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2022

Hi skdyer,

I understand our pet policy might not be as flexible as in other properties. I hope you can accept my apologies for the confusion. After your review, our staff is working to review which pets are allowed on the premises. It is not possible to guarantee anything at this point. But we always try to deliver a good and frictionless experience.

Thank you for choosing us. We love having you here and can't wait to hear from you again.

Alejandro G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 26 February 2021 via mobile

The parking lot, hotel and rooms smelled of smoke. The smell was so strong in the hallway and room we were given that were requested to change rooms. The second room smelled of stale smoke. The shower ran and fixtures fell off the walls. One elevator would not go to our floor. The whole hotel feels run down and unclean. The beds were comfortable. Staff was helpful. Parking is free but there were people just hanging around the parking lot after 9pm. We chose this hotel because we have had good experiences with Holiday Inns in the past. This was an exception.

Date of stay: February 2021
2  Thank papillon07221
Holiday Inn Carlye, General Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria - Carlyle, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2021

Thank you for your feedback. This will be shared with our team.