Lowest prices for your stay
US$189
Free cancellation until 10/07/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$189
Free cancellation until 10/07/22
ZenHotels.com
US$156
Hotels.comUS$189
PricelineUS$189
Destinia.comUS$200
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 January 2020 via mobile

The most redeeming quality of this hotel is that it is close to the metro.

That being said, there are plenty of downsides to this hotel that you should consider. This is, of course, my personal experience with one room.

1. There was a HUGE crack on my window.
2. One of the lightbulbs in my bathroom (which is TINY) was out.
3. There were very visible marks on the wall, from both previous renovations and maybe just dirt.
4. The mirror frame was falling apart, and there were marks on the glass that I could not remove.
5. The bottom of the tub/shower was so dirty that I had to clean it before I felt comfortable stepping in.
6. The food is less than stellar, and it arrived to my room quite cold.

The most alarming part of my stay, however, was that, at midnight, a woman on my floor started screaming. The screams shortly turned into, “Stop! Give me my stuff! Stop!” A loud banging/thumping sound occurred, and then the screaming immediately stopped. At this point, I was absolutely terrified and did not sleep for the rest of the night. The area surrounded this hotel may be considered safe, but I felt neither safe nor comfortable here.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank aee93
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria - Carlyle, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2020

Hi aee93,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for staying at our hotel. It is good to read our perfect hotel location was beneficial for your journey, indeed we are in close proximity to the metro.

I am sorry to learn that you experienced inconvenience with the room window, bathroom facility and overall room cleanliness issue. I assure you that the less than exceptional accommodation you experienced is not typical of our hotel . I'd like this matter to be addressed internally, I sent you a private message to ask more information about your stay.

Again, thank you for your feedback and for choosing us. I look forward to your response.

Best,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 14 January 2020 via mobile

Stayed 2 days in this hotel during christmas time. We have encountered several glitches from booking and securing room. The hotel staff immediately rectify it. They have a good customer service! The staff was accommodating and professional to deal with. My 7 year old daughter enjoyed the indoor pool which is the number one reason I decided to book in this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Cindy1241, VP of Sales and Marketing at Holiday Inn Alexandria - Carlyle, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2020

Thank you 56evangelines for your review of our Holiday Inn Alexandria @ Carlyle! We appreciate your great comments about our Team Members and we are happy to hear that any situation was taken care of immediately for you. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Alexandria. Best Regards, Cindy Addison, VP Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 20 December 2019

There isnt anything I didnt like about this hotel. The elevator and hallway smelled like a spa which is usually the first sign if a hotel is nice or not. I wanted to check in early because I was having surgery and my room was ready early so that when I came back I could go straight to my room. At first I was worried because my room was two doors down from the elevator and ice machine which was literally sitting in the hall, but I didn't hear a thing. Room had microwave fridge and keurig machine which is always a plus .Free parking, great rate. Even the view was nice (of the bridge from the 10th floor). Best of all the bed was super comfy and the pillows were amazing. I'm trying to go back and see if they will let me purchase a couple of those feather pillows. The breakfast was great too (Amazing eggs Benedict with holandaise sauce). I will definitely stay again when I need to be close to MD or DC.

Date of stay: December 2019

Thank you Getaway401749 for your review of the Holiday Inn Alexandria @ Carlyle. We are glad that you enjoyed the amenities at the hotel and that your stay was a good one. Sorry to hear you were in the area for surgery. We hope everything is OK now. Whenever you are back in our area, please give us a call. We would welcome you back! Safe Travels and Take Care! Cindy Addison, VP of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 3 December 2019

We choose this to stay at for my daughter's 6th grade class trip to DC because it was affordable, had an inside pool, free parking & free breakfast (for AAA members and free for kids 11 and under), wifi and a short walk to the next metro station. There were also 2 queen beds per room so we could easily put 4 people per room. The breakfast was good and had many choices, the pool and rooms were adequate and had everything we needed. No luxury and not the most updated but we didn't need this for this trip and considering the price we paid. I used the shuttle one evening to get last minute supplies for one of the girls at a nearby SevenEleven. Normally walkable, but maybe not after dark.

Date of stay: May 2019
2  Thank GerryUSA

Hi GerryUSA, Thanks so much for reviewing the Holiday Inn Alexandria @ Carlyle. We are glad that the trip was successful and that our hotel provided all that you needed during the visit. We see a lot of student groups in our area for their class trips. We hope on your next visit to our area, you will once again decide to stay with us! Safe Travels, Cindy Addison, VP Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 14 November 2019

My room was not ready when I arrived at 2 pm so I finally got my room around 330 pm. On the first night, i notified maintenance that the door does not open. Problem was not fixed. The door light is always red. On the next morning, I notified the front desk that my door is not working (light continues to show red) and need to push the door open for a long time. That evening, the lights remain red and after pushing many times, the door open. On the third day, the door was never fixed. Each time maintenance came and said it was fixed. Overall attitude of staff was not that great.

Room tip: Make sure you refuse Room 1001 because the door is not functional. You may be stuck outside or need to push and force door to open
Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria - Carlyle, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2019

Hello karlkoong,

Thank you for sending your review of your stay.

Check-in should be a breeze and room prepped up for your arrival, and sorry that this was not the case. Our staff is trained in providing exceptional service to all of our guests but fell short initially. I apologize for the trouble caused by the problems encountered with the room door and the conduct of our staff. Know that your review is shared with our management team to make sure these instances will not happen again, and to better host you in the future.

I hope that you would choose us again the next time you visit the area.

Regards,