All reviews free parking leesburg pike shuttle service metro station dc area great hotel complimentary breakfast make your own waffles every half hour oatmeal clean rooms the breakfast area front desk staff old town wonderful stay would stay here again hotel shuttle
Reviewed 19 March 2017

I stayed here two nights for business in the area. The hotel is clean, safe and quiet. The careful maintenance shows everywhere I had reason to be.

Although my room was near the elevator, I rarely heard anyone in the hall, and certainly there was never any disturbing noise. The bed is comfortable. The room also had a sofa which was nice for watching TV at the end of the day. I slept very well both nights.

The bathroom is spacious and well lighted. There is a solid grab-bar well placed in the tub-shower enclosure, and textured surface underfoot keeps you from slipping.

There is a large flat screen TV which swivels to face either the bed or the sofa. It provides a good selection of channels, including several HBO movie channels. The picture was very good.

The view out the window is not great (the back parking lot, and what must be the swimming pool in warmer weather), but I didn’t come for the view. The window let in light in the morning and was dark at night. I never heard a car. (My room was on the third floor; oddly, the entry and lobby are on the second.)

The included breakfast provides the usual range: an egg dish (scrambled or cheese omelets during my two days), bacon or sausage, the usual bread and pastry items, oatmeal, make your own waffles, cold cereals, fresh fruits, juices. There is always hot coffee in the main lobby, with cookies; the coffee is actually pretty good. The seating area for breakfast is large and I never had a problem finding a table.

There is a good selection of fast-food places within short walking distance if you are so inclined.

The staff at the front desk are friendly and helpful. There is a free shuttle that runs to and from the King Street Metro station in Old Town Alexandria (about 20 minute ride); I was the only one on the van each time I took it, and the driver showed no reluctance to take me alone. It’s a long ride from King Street to the tourist area of Washington (for example, the Smithsonian), so I’m not sure this is the best choice for visitors whose main focus is DC itself. For a trip to visit Old Town Alexandria, this might be a good option for someone who didn’t want to stay in Old Town itself; it would also allow occasional day trips into DC.

Bottom line: This is what a short-term hotel should be, and an excellent value for the cost. If I had business in this area again, I would stay here without giving it a second thought.

Room tip: Third floor on the same side as the elevator faced the back and was nice and quiet.
1  Thank CatoUWS
Reviewed 19 March 2017

It was a quick business event at the Hilton, which I planned on booking, but reservations were booked, so they offered this property. Very nice, clean, friendly staff. I usually have good experiences at Hilton properties.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

I travel on a regular basis and have to say this was my best experience at a hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. It ended up snowing while there and ice scrapers were provided in the foyer to clean off the car and staff was in the parking lot digging cars out from the snow. The staff went above and beyond for the guests.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

Everything about this hotel was positive. Cleanliness to quality of complementary breakfast. I enjoyed the quietness of the the room. We arrived early but the staff accommodated us by letting us check in

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2017

What a lovely hotel. I had 9 college students and 2 faculty members on a trip to Washington DC. We stayed there for several IMPORTANT reasons:

1) FREE HOT breakfast (eggs/sausage/bacon etc)
2) FREE Parking (especially as we had a 15 passenger van)
3) Free shuttle to airport/Metro Station
4) FREE fold out bed (very large-not a small cot)
5) PRICE We paid $103 (March)
6) FRESH free coffee/hot chocolate/tea 24hrs
7) Apples/bananas etc 24 hrs
8) FREE fast wifi

Very clean, GREAT rooms, everything you expect from Hampton (plus microwave/small fridge/iron/hair dryer/soaps etc)

Very nice front desk staff. I know when I return, we will be back to Hampton. 15 mins from the Capitol..about $20 in taxi, or take Metro.

Room tip: WE all had rooms on the first floor (223/225/226/229 etc) no noise Views
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends