Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Westin.com
PricelineUS$182
TravelocityUS$182
Agoda.comUS$192
1,033 results
All reviews federal courthouse heavenly bed old town valet parking hotel restaurant business center wi fi dc area fitness center the hotel is clean trademark conference shuttle housekeeping rates waterfront
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 January 2022 via mobile

Nice looking hotel with onsite restaurant, modern looking rooms with crazy comfy bed. I’m a Hilton guy, but the price was reasonable. Oh. Colonial parking a block or so away is $10/nite vs 38 valet. Also loved being a 5 min walk from metro. If only they had a pool this would be a great option for family stay! I would stay again for sure!

Room tip: Colonial parking $10 max daily less than 2 blocks away. King street metro (blue/yellow) very close.
Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank SingingOTune
Reviewed 14 December 2021

There is more to Alexandria, Virginia, that most tourists realize. And the Westin Alexandria Old Town is a convenient hotel to stay, between George Washington's Mount Vernon and Arlington National Cemetery. Located at 400 Courthouse Square, in Alexandria's Eisenhower East neighborhood, it is within walking distance or a short drive from many historic sites and offers cheaper rates than the more expensive hotels in Washington, D.C. My wife and I booked a King Guest Room, a spacious layout with a king-sized bed, cozy reading chaise, large work station, 49-inch flat panel HD TV, wi-fi, mini-refrigerator and tub-shower combination. The hotel also offers a first-rate restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner, 24-hour room service, valet parking and a fitness center. When visiting an area that requires three or four days of sight-seeing, like Washington, D.C., or Gettysburg or New York City or Los Angeles or the Shenandoah Valley or the Great River Road in Louisiana, we prefer to stay in one place rather than two or three. So we do some pre-trip research and book a hotel that is most convenient to a majority of the sites we plan to see. On this occasion, the Westin Alexandria Old Town filled the bill.

Date of stay: October 2021
1  Thank Taylor B
Reviewed 30 November 2021

I stayed here with my husband to celebrate my 30th birthday. We arrived to find that our room wasn't cleaned to the level that we had expected given that our check in time wasn't until 3pm. The carpet was dirty, there was a plastic food wrapper on the floor, a bottle of water that was not the hotel provided Evian (which is 46 by the way!), and a used face towel in the shower (we knew it was used because it was wet and had a hair on it). We had planned to go out for dinner but decided to check out the hotel's restaurant instead, the menu was lacking and differed from the website, I didn't want anything on the menu so we decided to go ahead with the original plan only to find that our car keys were misplaced by the valet ($36 they charge for this service) , so we had no choice but to eat at the in house restaurant. The food was fine, the drinks were good, both overpriced. I would not recommend this hotel, you don't get your money's worth.

Date of stay: November 2021
Reviewed 8 October 2021 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel for 5 nights, I was there for a high school reunion. The hotel had supposidly blocked off 30 rooms at a discounted rate for the event. When I originally booked my room, I was told there were no more discounted rooms available. One of my classmates, however, booked her room a month later, and was offered the discounted rate. I asked about this (when I checked out) and was told, "Sorry, we can't honor that". So I asked for a senior discount, I do qualify for that. I was told, "Sorry, you have to set up your reservation like that in the first place, we can't help you". Another classmate advised me they credited her bill $50 because the mini-fridge didn't work upon check in. Mine didn't either (which I reported), but my compensation was refused. The front desk personnel do not seem customer service oriented.
Housekeeping: The housekeeping staff does a terrific job, but the front desk personnel insist the guest make an appointment the day BEFORE to request housekeeping. I never know when I'll be leaving my room on any given day so it's cumbersome arranging and committing to an appointment for housekeeping. Other hotels have a different practice. Put the Do Not Disturb sign on the doorknob while inside, then flip it over and it reads Please Make Up Room, upon leaving for the day. So what I did was... when I left each day, I stopped by the front desk to request housekeeping. This worked fine for the first 2 days. After that, I was told firmly, NO. You have to make an appointment. After a couple of days with no housekeeping, I was arguing with the front desk clerk, letting her know my trashcans were all overflowing, etc. The manager happened to be there, he interrupted and asked me for my room number. He said he would see to it my room was made up. Management really needs to encourage their front desk personnel to be more accommodating to their customers. I appreciated his assistance, and the hotel room was adequate, plus housekeeping did a great job when they were allowed to make up my room. Otherwise, I would have rated the hotel TERRIBLE.
I won't be returning.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Ravi Gaur, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2021

Dear World T,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Alexandria Old Town. I am very sorry to hear that you did not receive the excellent service from our front of the house associates, we are known for; I have passed your feedback to our colleagues for their immediate review.

On the other note, I am glad that our housekeeping associates were able to leave positive experience. They really do work hard, especially during this tough times.

Please know that we are working hard to improve our property in every way that we can and will be grateful for a second chance to earn your trust. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit. If and when, please reach out to the hotel directly as I would love to detail your stay personally.

Reviewed 1 October 2021

I’m sure I wouldn’t have found the hotel without my GPS, but it was well worth the trouble to find. All parking is valet only, and a valet will bring your belongings up to your room. There is a restaurant in the hotel, which is very convenient. The hotel is clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. My only complaint is that the small refrigerator in the room doesn’t have a freezer compartment.

Date of stay: September 2021