2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$231
TravelocityUS$231
Orbitz.comUS$231
FindHotelUS$244
1,030 results
All reviews heavenly bed old town valet parking hotel restaurant wi fi fitness center the hotel is clean trademark conference shuttle housekeeping rates waterfront
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 January 2021

Great stay with my lady! Staff could not have been more pleasant to deal with. Showed a genuine effort to ensure everything was taken care of for us. Room was very clean and housekeeping responded immediately with any request we had. Plenty to do in the area and the hotel restaurant was also fabulous. Can't think of anything that was not top of the line regarding accommodations and staff!

Room tip: Corner suite was great!
Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 6 November 2020 via mobile

Overcharged and other issues with bill and charges. It took two weeks for the issue to be resolved.
The room was nice and clean, bed comfortable.
The staff was great upon checking in, not so much after that. Was short and abrupt when I questioned charges.
Be aware they hold out a $50.00 per day deposit. However they say it’s for the $36.00 per parking fee. They said they would deduct the $72.00 owed for parking and credit my account for the rest. However the took another $82.00 out of my account, with the two $50.00 still pending.
I called every other day trying to get it resolved. The gentleman repeatedly told me to wait 3-5 business day, the problem with that was it had been well beyond that.
If you’re a member double check the $9.99 internet charge if you use the WiFi. I was charged for it being a member. Know that if you aren’t a member you will be charged a $9.99 fee.
FINALLY after speaking twice with Beth and her being of no help. I thanked her and told her I would contact Marriott corporate office. She said they can’t do anything because we’re a franchise. However the very helpful lady I spoke with did not share the same info. Beth called me back to tell me she found the issue with being over charged and it would be credited to my account. She also said she would have someone call my bank and have them stop the pending $50.00. She did not, and it did not come off until I contacted my bank.
The stay is not worth the hassle of having to deal with this afterwards!
Because of this I cannot recommend staying here and I will not be staying again.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JeninWV
Ravi Gaur, Other at The Westin Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2020

Dear JeninW,
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Alexandria Old Town. We never wish for our guests to leave our property dissatisfied with any part of their stay, thus we are disappointed to learn that you did. I would also like to apologize for all the run around you had after the stay regarding your billing. I have addressed your concerns with my front desk team and importance of informing guest about the security deposit and internet fee at time of check-in.
You can directly reach me at ravi.gaur@westinalexandria.com if you would like to discuss your stay further. Hope to see you back at Westin Alexandria soon!
Best Regards,
Ravi Gaur, Dir. Of Operations
Westin Alexandria Old Town

Reviewed 18 August 2020

Despite the situation with COVID, Westin managers and staff worked with us from beginning to end to make our event fun, safe, enjoyable and memorable. All of the Westin staff are excellent and went overboard! They were able to help make our event a great success and safe with about 100 guests. Our guests were all happy with how the event turned out with the social distancing measures and were glad to stay at the hotel overnight. They have an excellent chef as well who provided us with delicious meals for our guests! Our family highly recommends Westin Alexandria Old Town to anyone who is considering an event during this COVID time and in the future!

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 3 June 2020

I know this hotel before getting in bed, it started at the Front Desk, Angie was all over executing Marriott at its Best, and another Manager was on it too its really unfair to their competition ....

I was taking a mini Vacation, i caretake my 91 year old Parent, it was time off from anticipatory sleep and jsut do nothing, the check-in was awesome, Angie had the room resanitatized since I couldn't take any chances with my Sr Parent at home, I stayed extra, guided mw to excellent Dining and awesome accommodations out of this world..... thanks Team

Room tip: Luxurious Time Off
Date of stay: April 2020
Reviewed 29 May 2020

This was a nice hotel ruined by parking and the wrong rooms given. I booked 2 King larger rooms and was given 1 King and one double. That started out the trip. Then the parking was closed due to Covid. Really? That makes zero sense! So anyway you park on the street at meters or a parking garage down the street and carry your stuff all the way. The parking app didn't work and we ended up with a $50 parking ticket. We will not be back!

Room tip: There is no view. We looked out the room at the roof.
Date of stay: May 2020
1  Thank Denise Y
Ravi G, Manager at The Westin Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2020

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Westin Alexandria for your recent stay and for sharing your feedback. We never wish for our guests to leave our property dissatisfied with any part of their stay, thus were disheartened to learn you did. We only offer valet parking as our garage is not certified for self parking. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we had to seize our valet parking operations to keep our associates and guest safe. I do understand that our Front Desk associate informed you about the self parking garage. Should your travels bring you back to Alexandria Old Town and Westin Alexandria, please let me know personally so I can ensure we have the opportunity to make amends for your recent experience.

At Your Service,