“Great Meat Lovers Calzone ”

Bugsy's Pizza & Sports Bar
Ranked #80 of 877 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

The Meat Lovers Calzone is also for cheese lovers! The dough was very tasty and fresh. Needed a fork to help because so much was oozing out.
Crab dip appetizer was very delicious too.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

After a long day of tourism, this was a wonderful find in the heart of Old Alexandria.

Pizza was great, as were the salads. Super friendly wait staff.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

We had every intention of eating dinner at Bugsy's but couldn't remember the name or exact location (so we ate at Murphy's--reference that review). We ended up finding Bugsy's as we wandered further down King. The staff was outstanding--friendly, funny, and just great to be around. We just had beers and a mixed drink. This is a fun sports bar with a lot of Capitals' paraphernalia around the bar and plenty of tvs (all showing something different).

(Confession: I wanted to steal a slice of pizza of someone sitting at the bar next to us... it looked that good... but alas, I did not.)

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Stumbled onto this great Sports Bar in Alexandria, VA., after touring Mt Vernon. Hospitable bartender and friendly locals who were quick to greet us. Sports history and memorabilia lined the walls and various games on the different screens. The food was the bonus, we had traditional wings, built our own pizza and salad. Surprisingly the side salad was huge, with cucumbers, raisins, cranberries, tomatoes, carrots, and mixed greens. Bartender took care of us, even helped us charge our phones. Great Bar in a Great Historical Town!

Reviewed 2 April 2017

My family and I ate here for dinner one night and it was wonderful. My family and I are from Texas, so we don't have a lot of good Pizzerias in the area that serves really good deep dish pizza.

My two kids and I ordered our own personal deep dish pizza and my husband ordered a pasta dish. The crust on the pizza was so buttery and soft and flaky, even though I was full I kept eating. My husband's pasta was cooked just right and the sauce was seasoned and very flavorful. The service and the atmosphere was also great I recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the area.

Been to Bugsy's Pizza & Sports Bar? Share your experiences!