All reviews whole foods two blocks king street old town full kitchen metro station one bedroom suite waffles dc area stove top free breakfast mile radius couple blocks hotel shuttle free shuttle shops and restaurants living area
Reviewed 12 October 2015

We were in town for the home opener of the Washington Capitals game. We decided to stay at this location because of all the things to do in Old Town and Joe Theismanns restaurant is within walking distance. The staff was polite and very professional. They were very accommodating and understanding of our needs. Room was very clean. We will definitely consider staying again on our next weekend getaway.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris T
Jeremy M, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2015

Greetings Chris T.,

Thank you for selecting our hotel while visiting DC and attending the Caps game. I was glad to read that you found our location convenient and our staff to be helpful and accommodating. We hope to see you the next time you are back in the area.

PS - It was great to see the Caps get off to a positive start to the season with a win in the home opener.

Reviewed 11 October 2015

I will stay here again. The Metro stop is close by for people who want to use it for flights in and out of nearby Reagan National Airport or to Washington tourist attractions. The suite was comfortable and spacious. We had a conference rate because of our high school reunion so the price was good. A full breakfast was included and had a huge selection. Reception staff were all friendly and helpful. Whole Foods is a few steps away for those who want to purchase food, and La Porta Restaurant is right next door, offering delicious food and jazz entertainment. Old Town is interesting for shopping or window shopping and a variety of restaurants.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are great because of additional windows for sunshine.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cathie M
Jeremy M, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2015

Greetings Cathie M.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback concerning your recent stay all the way from Cambodia. I am so glad to hear that you you found our property to be centrally located and that our staff took great care of you. We hope to see you on your next return visit to the Old Town Alexandria area.

Reviewed 7 October 2015 via mobile

We got a fantastic deal through Priceline. Great daily breakfast,a fantastic (and expensive) restaurant next door that delivers, super helpful staff and a tale that will bring you within a mile of the hotel. The metro transit is also nearby and will bring you into Washington DC if you want to see the attractions. You won't regret your trip here!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bri S
Jeremy M, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2015

Greetings Bri S,

We wish you could have stayed longer too! Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you had a great experience and it sounds as though you were quickly able to connect to the local area based on all of the items you mentioned. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Old Town Alexandria area.

Reviewed 4 October 2015

Please read my profile for my biases.

As a loyal Marriott patron, there are a couple of options in Alexandria. For several trips I stayed at Carlyle Residence Inn but I wanted to try something different on this trip.

I'm glad I did.

This hotel is much more centrally located. You are close to the Metro stop as well as the shops on Kings street. I also found the staff at this hotel to be extremely friendly as well.

Otherwise, you get everything you'd expect from a Residence Inn. There is a nice complementary breakfast, the rooms are spacious and clean, and the Internet works well.

Due to my status I got upgraded to a two room suite, so my coworker could join me and save us a little money.

Overall, great stay and I plan to be back.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Jeremy M, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2015

Greetings Sortova,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with our hotel. I am glad that you found the property to be well-situated in the Old Town Alexandria area and that our team took great care of you. We look forward to hosting you again in the future and appreciate you keeping us in mind.

Reviewed 3 October 2015

We stayed only one night and wished we could have stayed longer. The hotel was easy to find in an interesting part of Alexandria. We checked in very late on a rainy night, and the desk clerk was great, upgrading our room, comping our parking, doing whatever he could to be welcoming and helpful. The room was spacious and clean, and the location was close to dining, shopping and sightseeing. The next morning we enjoyed the wide variety of breakfast items in a nice dining area. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pqflyer
Jeremy M, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2015

Greetings PGFlyer,

I hope you had a nice trip back to San Diego. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel. We hope to host you again and next time for a bit longer so we can help you enjoy all of the great things Old Town Alexandria has to offer.