2 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$252
TravelocityUS$252
HurbUS$265
2,507 results
All reviews across the street made to order breakfast great location evening reception old town metro station happy hour king street free trolley whole foods parking garage dc area pull out couch free breakfast living area family vacation front desk staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 August 2022 via mobile

Our family spent 6 nights at this hotel. Great location to the metro station (visit DC attractions) and King St in Old Alexandria with lots of shops and eating. We stayed in a room with two double beds and a pull out sofa in a separate room. Loved having the extra space. We enjoyed the breakfast each morning. Also, enjoyed the reception several nights. Do have to request housekeeping but they always did a great job and willing to accommodate if we asked at the front desk. Pros: friendly staff, great location, clean, breakfast proved, nightly reception. Cons: double beds, little outdated, ac worked but was a little warm. I would definitely recommend this hotel if staying in the dc area. It was a great spot for our family vacation.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Kevin Feldman, Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2022

Thank you for sharing your review. We appreciate you choosing to spend 6 nights with us and it is wonderful to read that you had a positive experience. We are fortunate to be located so close to the Metro and complimentary Old Town Trolley, which makes enjoying both DC & Old Town so simple.

The amenities that Embassy Suites offer; the suite, the breakfast, and the reception, are all complimentary which offers great savings vs. staying at other hotels. Actually, now that we are fully staffed again in housekeeping, we are going back to everyday service for all guests. Your comment on the team and cleanliness are greatly appreciated. My apology your suite was a little warm. The ridiculously extended hot weather streak sure kept all A/C units in overdrive!

Thank you again for your review and for the recommendation. We hope to welcome you back soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 2 August 2022

Ya'll this is some customer service. I was extremely nervous about traveling away from my child and keeping my breastmilk frozen before I flew back home. But this hotel came through and purchased this for me and for future other mothers that may need this as well! Highly recommend the 5 star service they have provided. The freezer they ordered came in but didn't meet the general managers expectations and they quickly went to home depot to get this one!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Kevin Feldman, Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2022

Thank you for sharing your experience. Traveling away from the family is never easy, but I am glad we could help you in this stressful time. Mike (General Manager) and Roberto (Chief Engineer) really wanted to ensure you felt as comfortable as possible and will be so happy to know their efforts made a positive difference for you. We really prefer to know of anything we can do to help elevate a stay experience, so thank you for letting us know.

Thank you for posting a review. It is rewarding to read that you had such a fantastic stay experience. I am glad our location was to your liking. Many of our guests love that the Metro is right across the street and utilize that to zip into DC. The complimentary Old Town Trolley is fantastic for our guests as it takes them right to the best spots in Alexandria.

It seems that you enjoyed most of the amenities of the Embassy Suites that make the value of the brand so unbeatable. Breakfast for a family of 5 at other hotels would cost $100+ oer morning at other hotels so having it complimentary at the Embassy Suites offers quite a savings. Add on top of that a suite which is standard here vs. $25uograde at another hotel and the complimentary drinks; the savings per day are significant. Sorry that you missed the evening reception, but it seems like you had a packed agenda for the family, which is great!

Reviewed 1 August 2022

This was the perfect place to stay for our family DC vacation with 4 kids.

The location was perfect because it was right across from metro, right across from the trolley to make Old Town fun and accessible, and a short drive to Mount Vernon and into DC when we did drive.

The hotel was perfect because the room was spacious to fit all of us comfortably. The complimentary breakfast was way better than most hotels including made to order omelets, etc. It was a very safe location so my kids could go to and from the room safely, and they loved the neat layout of the hotel. This was the first hotel I saw with a lifeguard on duty. The pool was small but good enough for the short time we were there. We never made it to the complimentary reception but in theory 2 drinks and snacks sounded awesome if our schedule worked.

I can't imagine a better place for our family to have stayed. It was nice to be near the city but in the excitement of Old Town when we returned.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

It seems that you enjoyed most of the amenities of the Embassy Suites that make the value of the brand so unbeatable. Breakfast for a family of 5 at other hotels would cost $100+ per morning at other hotels so having it complimentary at the Embassy Suites offers quite a savings. Add on top of that a suite which is standard here vs. $25uograde at another hotel and the complimentary drinks; the savings per day are significant. Sorry that you missed the evening reception, but it seems like you had a packed agenda for the family, which is great!

Kids love the pool and are amazing with the build of the atrium. It is wonderful to know that you left so happy with your choice to stay with us. Thank you again for your review and for making that choice. We hope to welcome you back soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 1 August 2022

Weekend getaway....
The Good: Location, very close to Metro. Lots to do up and down King Street area. King Street area had good food and drink selections and not overly crowded for a weekend. Open bar (at hotel) both evenings was nice. Breakfast was set up to move fast, but food was just average. Staff was nice and polite.
The not so good: I thought rooms were a bit dated. Musty smelling/damp and large amounts of carpet deodorizer had been used. AC struggled to keep up and room was warmish and even at lowest setting. Bed was not comfortable and both of our hips and backs hurt both mornings.
The worst: Ther parking garage. SHORT ceilings. I drive a stock full size SUV and drug the roof on low hanging signs. Tiny and tight parking spots. Lot of opportunity to damage your vehicle.

Date of stay: July 2022

Thank you for taking the time for posting a review. We strive to be much better than just ok, so I am sorry that was the experience that you had. Like you, most guests find our location to be so convenient for shopping, dining, and touring. It is nice that you took advantage of the complimentary amenities and your comment on the team is very much appreciated.

I am sorry you did not enjoy your suite accommodations. The team works hard to keep the hotel up to date. I wish you let us know about the air conditioner so we could have looked into it or offered you a suite change. I too drive a SUV into the garage so understand the parking of such a vehicle in the garage. A good tip for readers of this review, when you pull into the garage and get to the hotel parking section, go up one level. The upper level is much more empty than the drive in level which makes parking so much easier.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. We hope to welcome you back soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 24 July 2022

ALERT! AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS. BED BUGS FOUND IN OUR ROOM! I would give them negative stars if I could.The bugs were hiding behind the headboard 7-23-22. Before we found the bed bugs the AC was broken, and we had to call house keeping up to clean our shower as soon as we entered our room! I wish I could day the staff were helpful and considerate, but they were unconcerned and condescending when asking for help with AC issue and even when reporting that we found bed bugs. I am completely mortified by this experience. Please please please do not write this place ruin your trip! This was supposed to be fun family vacation and has now turned into a complete nightmare

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jeremypN6844RQ
Kevin Feldman, Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2022

Jeremy, thank you for your review. I am happy to report to the readers of this review, that this room and the surrounding rooms were tested by an outside pest vendor and zero bed bug activity was found in any suites. This is a serious accusation and of course when this occurs we have protocol in place. The suite is closed off and an outside pest company is called. They typically come in within 24 hours and do a thorough test of the suite. In this case, that was done, and again the report was negative for any activity.

It is a shame you had such a bad experience and I am so sorry that occurred. I am hopeful that the readers of this review will also look at the many other recent reviews to know an experience like this is so far from the norm.

Thank you again for your review. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.