3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$183
PricelineUS$183
TraveluroUS$185
Embassy SuitesUS$183
2,501 results
All reviews across the street made to order breakfast great location evening reception old town metro station happy hour king street free trolley whole foods parking garage dc area pull out couch free breakfast living area family vacation front desk staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 June 2022

I thought the hotel was a perfect location - the metro is right across the street and so convenient to visit DC. We also frequently used the trolley across the street to take us up and down King Street, so convenient. The rooms are probably due for an update but they were very clean and breakfast was great!

Date of stay: June 2022
Kevin Feldman, Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2022

Thank you Jennifer for your review. We are very fortunate to be located so close to the Metro and Alexandria Trolley. This makes it so simple to get into DC or tour Old Town, VA. Your suggestion for the suite upgrade is appreciated and I am so glad you enjoyed breakfast.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. We hope to welcome you back again soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 20 June 2022

This hotel is in a great location. The metro is right across the street as well as the free trolly that goes down King Street. Explore Old Town Alexandria or hop on the metro to go into Washington DC. Breakfast was pretty good as they have a cook making eggs, omelets, pancakes to order. The only thing I missed was oatmeal. They also have a happy hour every evening where you can get 2 complimentary drinks as well as some small appetizer. All the staff members we dealt with were very friendly and helpful. The hotel could use some updates, but all the positives outweighed that for us.

Date of stay: June 2022
Kevin Feldman, Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2022

Thank you for sharing your review. Many guests enjoy how close we are to the Metro & trolley as it makes getting into DC or Old Town so simple. We do have Oatmeal available, but I am sorry you did not see it. The complimentary breakfast is a big reason guests book an Embassy Suites as it can save $25+ per person per day from purchasing breakfast at another hotel. Same with the complimentary evening reception which is a $15-$20 savings off purchasing cocktails/snacks at other properties. I am so glad you took advantage of these amenities & enjoyed it.

Your comment on the staff members is very much appreciated. They will be proud as they work hard to offer this impression to all of our guests. We are constantly updating, but appreciate the suggestion. It is nice to read that you had a positive stay experience.

Reviewed 14 June 2022 via mobile

Many great features but some issues.
Nice size rooms with comfortable beds and seating. We didn't realize we had to request cleaning everyday. 1st day no service. Second day returned at around 5pm to only new towels and no trash removal. Third day we told the front desk we would return 3pm and the room was being cleaned about that time.
Breakfast and nightly drinks were a nice touch. Go early as lines get long. And tip the servers. They were excellent and work hard.
Do not get a room near the elevator. It was very noisy on the weekends.
One morning it sounded like someone was hamering at 7am.
Room a little worn. Our safe had issues, the remote for the TV and a room phone didn't work.

Room tip: Request a room away from the elevator
Trip type: Travelled with family
Kevin Feldman, Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2022

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review. My apology that the opt in for cleaning was not offered at the time of check in. Most hotels have gone this route during the current labor challenges in order to ensure guests that want their suites cleaned on a particular day, receive this service.

Good tip on the going early to breakfast and the evening reception. It can become more crowded later on in the timeframe of each service. The team will appreciate your comment on the service you received. We are happy to try and accommodate guest room location requests. The best thing to do is become an Honors member (no cost) and then you can e-check in on your phone prior to arrival and part of this is selecting your suite location. This feature applies to almost all hotels in the Hilton family of brands.

The remote and phone not working should have been caught/ corrected prior to check in. My apology to you this did not occur. Thank you again for the review and for staying with us. We hope to welcome you back soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 11 June 2022

Great location and comfortable room size
Hotel is tired and not well maintained
Food, particularly breakfast,is terrible and common space is unclean
Front desk staff was helpful and pleasant
Fitness room treadmills were faulty

Date of stay: May 2022
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for posting a review. I am so sorry that your experience was so different than almost all other guests, as readers will see from the other reviews. The complimentary breakfast is a big factor in most guests decision to stay with us. It is so rare to have someone deem it terrible as the selection to choose from is large and most find some items they enjoy. I am sorry this was not the case for you.

The Front Desk team will be proud to read your comments. My apology for the faulty treadmills. We will look into this and if they have not been corrected yet, they will be. Thank you again for the review and for staying with us. We hope you return soon so we can offer an improved experience. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 1 June 2022 via mobile

We were visiting our daughter in Alexandria and chose this hotel for their convenient location next to the metro and short walk from Old Town. While those factors were important to us we had no idea of the exceptional service we would receive. We asked for a fan and firmer pillows and within hours were brought a floor fan and 4 firmer pillows - it looked like they just bought them! We also really appreciated the parking garage for our daughter when she dropped by to visit. Breakfast was delicious and having a Whole Foods and CVS across the street was very convenient for picking up drinks and snacks. We will definitely be back!

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review. We are fortunate to be so close to the Metro and Old Town. It is always wonderful to read when we exceed expectations and I am glad this occurred for you. The team works hard to make this happen. Yes, to be within walking distance of many food and shopping options is a convenience many of our guests enjoy.

Thank you again for the review and for staying with us. We look forward to your return! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.