3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$210
TravelocityUS$210
Embassy SuitesUS$210
Lol.travelUS$331
2,493 results
All reviews across the street made to order breakfast great location evening reception old town metro station happy hour king street free trolley whole foods parking garage dc area free breakfast living area front desk staff hot breakfast lifeguard on duty
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 April 2022

The location is right across from the Metro and walkable to all the shops in Alexandria. the rooms are due for a upgrade and seem older but it was clean. The breakfast & evening reception is well done and all the staff are very friendly. The pool is small without any chairs to sit outside the pool or put your items down to keep dry.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Kevin Feldman, Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2022

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is nice to read that you found our location to your liking and that you reference the cleanliness of the hotel. We are always looking to upgrade & improve the property, so thank you for the suggestion.

Your comment on the team is very much appreciated and I know they will be proud to read it. Your suggestion on chairs or a place to put items down in the pool area will be reviewed. We often make changes based on guest feedback; so thank you for this.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. We hope to welcome you back soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 16 April 2022

Stayed only one night, but enjoyed the experience. Hotel seems a little older, but very well maintained. Staff were excellent. Breakfast was very good since they have made to order options among other offerings. Location is excellent. Our room was very nice and comfortable. Atrium is beautiful. They offer 2 free drinks to each room occupant. All in all they really treat you well and provide a wonderful experience. The only thing I was a little disappointed with was the mattress, which was just a bit too firm for me. Certainly not bad, but I like plush, and it was definitely not that. But if I was in the area again, I would certainly stay here.

Date of stay: April 2022
Kevin Feldman, Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2022

Thank you for sharing your review. The property operations team will appreciate your comment about how well maintained the hotel is. They work very hard to make that happen. The complimentary full breakfast buffet is a favorite of our guests as not only does is save $22+ per person (average price at area hotels), but there are so many offerings for our guest to choose from.

It is nice to read that your suite was to your liking and that you took advantage of the evening reception. It is a great way to unwind from a long day and/or fuel up for a fun night. I am so sorry that you found the mattress to be more firm that you would have preferred. We rarely get negative feedback on our mattresses, but again sorry that you found yours to be uncomfortable.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. We hope you to welcome you back again soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 11 April 2022

We are a family of four and stayed one night at the Embassy Suites Alexandria. We stayed in the one bedroom suite with two double beds which has a nice sitting area and dining table. We did have front desk staff first gave us a room with just a king bed, so we had to go back down to the lobby and get a another room. After a long trip from the West Coast that was a little irritating since the reservation clearly states two double beds. They were just in a hurry, but that is no excuse. The second room was quite noisy since it was right by the elevators. Make sure you get a room away from the elevators. We originally planned to stay three nights there but we were able to stay with family instead for the rest of our visit, but if we had stayed we would have asked to move rooms. Breakfast was great with a omelet bar and many other good hot food selections. Only other issue was how confusing and tight the underground garage and spaces were.

Room tip: Get a room away from the elevators.
Date of stay: April 2022

Thank you for posting a review. My sincerest apology that you were not given the room type reserved. That is rare and again, my apology for that irritation to start your stay. We always try to accommodate guest room location requests, so if being away from the elevator is important to you then please let us know. We will work hard to make that happen. Of course meeting a location request is based on availability of suites.

It is great to read that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. As someone who drives and parks a SUV in the garage everyday, it can be tight. A recommendation to our readers, go up one level and you will find it to be much more wide open with some larger spaces.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. We hope you choose to return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 5 April 2022

Very nice location, friendly staff, clean rooms, beautiful lounge area. Awesome breakfast center fast service. I look forward to another stay. Great access to the Metro and trolley to old town. Lots of places to enjoy lunch and dinner.

Date of stay: March 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Kevin Feldman, Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2022

Thank you for taking the time to post your review Suzette. It is wonderful to read that you had a positive stay experience and found the hotel/team to be very welcoming. We are fortunate to be located so close to the Metro, Amtrak, and the Old Town Trolley as well as be within walking distance to many dining options.

Thank you again Suzette for the review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to welcome you back again soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 4 April 2022

Excellent location to stay at if you’re touring DC. Metro station directly across the street and it was our first time using it. Was extremely simple. Also free trolley takes you to Old Town Alexandria. Embassy Suites was perfect.

Date of stay: March 2022
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Kevin Feldman, Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2022

Thank you for your five star review. It is nice to read that you found our location to your liking. We are fortunate to be so close to the Metro, Old Town Trolley, Amtrak, and close enough to walk to many Old Town sites. I am so glad you had a positive stay experience.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to welcome you back soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.