4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$192
TravelocityUS$192
Embassy SuitesUS$192
TraveluroUS$195
2,501 results
All reviews across the street old town made to order breakfast great location evening reception metro station happy hour king street free trolley whole foods parking garage complimentary breakfast lifeguard on duty dc area pull out couch living area front desk staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 April 2022

We are a family of four and stayed one night at the Embassy Suites Alexandria. We stayed in the one bedroom suite with two double beds which has a nice sitting area and dining table. We did have front desk staff first gave us a room with just a king bed, so we had to go back down to the lobby and get a another room. After a long trip from the West Coast that was a little irritating since the reservation clearly states two double beds. They were just in a hurry, but that is no excuse. The second room was quite noisy since it was right by the elevators. Make sure you get a room away from the elevators. We originally planned to stay three nights there but we were able to stay with family instead for the rest of our visit, but if we had stayed we would have asked to move rooms. Breakfast was great with a omelet bar and many other good hot food selections. Only other issue was how confusing and tight the underground garage and spaces were.

Room tip: Get a room away from the elevators.
Date of stay: April 2022
Kevin Feldman, Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2022

Thank you for posting a review. My sincerest apology that you were not given the room type reserved. That is rare and again, my apology for that irritation to start your stay. We always try to accommodate guest room location requests, so if being away from the elevator is important to you then please let us know. We will work hard to make that happen. Of course meeting a location request is based on availability of suites.

It is great to read that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. As someone who drives and parks a SUV in the garage everyday, it can be tight. A recommendation to our readers, go up one level and you will find it to be much more wide open with some larger spaces.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. We hope you choose to return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 5 April 2022

Very nice location, friendly staff, clean rooms, beautiful lounge area. Awesome breakfast center fast service. I look forward to another stay. Great access to the Metro and trolley to old town. Lots of places to enjoy lunch and dinner.

Date of stay: March 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Kevin Feldman, Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2022

Thank you for taking the time to post your review Suzette. It is wonderful to read that you had a positive stay experience and found the hotel/team to be very welcoming. We are fortunate to be located so close to the Metro, Amtrak, and the Old Town Trolley as well as be within walking distance to many dining options.

Thank you again Suzette for the review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to welcome you back again soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 4 April 2022

Excellent location to stay at if you’re touring DC. Metro station directly across the street and it was our first time using it. Was extremely simple. Also free trolley takes you to Old Town Alexandria. Embassy Suites was perfect.

Date of stay: March 2022
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Kevin Feldman, Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2022

Thank you for your five star review. It is nice to read that you found our location to your liking. We are fortunate to be so close to the Metro, Old Town Trolley, Amtrak, and close enough to walk to many Old Town sites. I am so glad you had a positive stay experience.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to welcome you back soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 25 January 2022

Lovely hotel; great service; location was perfect
Rooms are “dated” and in need of renovation
The elevator was inoperable during our last full day there. The front desk was very quick to accommodate my request to change our room so access was more suitable for our needs.

Date of stay: January 2022
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Kevin Feldman, Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2022

Thank you for posting a review. Your comment on the service is appreciated and I am glad our location was to your liking. We are fortunate to be so close to the Metro, Amtrak, Airport, and the heart of Old Town Alexandria. Your suggestion for a renovation is appreciated and I hope you let us know exactly what you would have liked to see in the suite as we often make improvements based on guest feedback.

My apology to you that the elevator was not operating. We tried to get it up and running as fast as we could, but in the interest of guest safety had to wait until the outside vendor deemed it safe to do so. Thankfully, it is up and running now. It is nice to read that the front desk team shifted your room so you had the use of an elevator on your last day. Again, so sorry that the elevator went down unexpectedly.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 17 January 2022

This is definitely the only hotel I stay in when I stay in Alexandria. I love it here and the staff is so freaking and welcoming. They answer all your questions with no hesitation. I definitely recommend this hotel for any type of stay!

Date of stay: January 2022
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Kevin Feldman, Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2022

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad to be atop your Alexandria hotel list. Please know we do not take this for granted and will work hard to stay there. The comment on the team is appreciated and they will be proud to read it. They work hard to offer this impression to all guests.

Thank you again for the review and also for the recommendation. We hope to welcome you back soon! As always, I invite anyone reading my response to contact me anytime.