Lowest prices for your stay
US$255
US$255
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hyatt.com
US$236
PricelineUS$255
Hotels.comUS$255
Destinia.comUS$278
All reviews king street old town alexandria dry bar digital clock sensor lights beautiful bar area nice size shower hotel is super clean front desk friendly valet room was a bit small keurig coffee maker hotel choice dog friendly hotel the hotel manager overnight stay amazing hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 January 2022

I needed an apartment for the week and since I'm working toward Hyatt Globalist status, I figured I'd try out the Hyatt Centric in Old Town Alexandria. The rates were great, it was near enough to home, and is located in one of my favorite areas of the DC Metro area.

The hotel itself is a very modern in design and I love the dog motifs. Location is convenient to the King Street metro, but is a pleasant 10-15 minute walk to the very heart of Old Town and the adjacent waterfront.

That's about where the good ends for me. The rest of the hotel experience thus far hasn't left the best taste in my mouth. Rooms are definitely small - not an issue if you just need a place to pitch up an office like me, but if you're traveling as a family or have a lot of luggage, beware. Bathrooms in particular are super-tight, and put the "closet" in "water-closet."

Am also disappointed with the check-in. While I hate coming across as entitled, there's a reason I choose to stay in Hyatt-branded hotels. And I do stay - a lot. The front desk didn't acknowledge my current status, didn't offer me the benefits that come with my booking, and only pointed out the elevators after handing me my keys. Essentially, it felt like "welcome to the hotel, here's your key, please leave." I haven't had any interactions with the staff since, and I'm going to the give the hotel (and Hyatt) the benefit of the doubt that this is a one-off.

Date of stay: January 2022
Steve Wissing, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2022

Dear 468bobbyj,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to be conveniently located for your needs. Please accept my apologies that you were not acknowledged as a Globalist at check in. I will follow up on this issue with my team directly. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, and I certainly hope that you can find an occasion to come back and see us again so that we can provide you with the proper World of Hyatt experience. Thank you very much for staying with us!

Reviewed 10 January 2022

The hotel overall was clean as well as the room. Staff were friendly and on point. At night it was very quiet. Very little to no background noise from traffic. Comfy bed. Very nice TV. Bathroom was clean and ready for use.

Dear LG_8417,

Thank you very much for your review! I am very glad to hear that you found your guest room to be clean and our hosts to be friendly. I am glad that you had a comfortable, relaxing stay with us and I certainly hope that you will come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 10 January 2022

I did feel happy that one night i stay
for the most part the only time i enjoy was when i left that front lobby door
i was supposed to get a bottle of water with my account but she never offers
my room was smaller than i thought - it looks a bit cramp- but has a cozy feel but didn't feel cozy because how i was treated when i first checked in

Dear Cnguyen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not receive your bottle of water and I will make sure to address this directly. I certainly hope that you will give us the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future and provide you with a more welcoming experience. Thank you very much for staying with us.

Reviewed 7 January 2022

Booked one night at the Hyatt Centric mid-December. After an 8 hour drive from New England, I was pretty exhausted. Drove the car up to check in and was warmly greeted by the check-in staff. Quickly given room key card and up to the 4th floor I go. Room is nice…a bit small but well furnished, impeccably clean and cozy. Hotel is a 5 minute walk to the Metro so a very convenient transport mode to get into DC for dinner with friends. Back to hotel for a good night’s rest. Love Hyatt’s beds, linens and pillows. Like sleeping on a cloud!
Next morning at checkout, again was warmly greeted by the morning staff…especially Asia! Bellhop, Randolph, was charming. Car was already out front, he packed it up for the next leg of my trip and gave me a blessing. Overall a great stay at another great Hyatt property.

Date of stay: December 2021
Steve Wissing, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2022

Dear FrequentFlier378107,

Thank you very much for an excellent review! I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be conveniently located and comfortable. I am very glad that our team was friendly and welcoming! I have already commended both Asia and Randolph for providing excellent service. Thank you very much for staying with us and I certainly hope that you can find an occasion to come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 6 January 2022

The location was excellent and the staff working there were super helpful and very nice. Made us feel like we were friends. Their kindness makes me want to stay there again and again. The rooms were very clean and although on the small side, had everything we needed.

Dear Josephn602,

Thank you very much for your kind review! I am very glad that our team made you feel at home and were very helpful throughout your stay. I truly hope you can come back and see us again soon. Thank you for staying with us!