“Our new go-to Asian restaurant”
Review of Kumo Asian Bistro

Kumo Asian Bistro
Ranked #119 of 877 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2018

We tried this place on a whim after reading some other reviews as we wanted both sushi and some warm foods. Boy did this place deliver! The sushi rolls were creative, fresh and tasty, the duck appetizer was amazing, and the gyoza were very flavorful. We loved everything we ordered, the only exception being the pad thai which was more spicy then expected. Portions were large but the prices very reasonable, service very quick and friendly. We loved the combination of different dishes and the spectacular presentation of the dishes! Much more than we expected for the price. This gem is tucked away into a strip mall but be sure to visit!

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Had various sushi and shashmi plus main courses. Only issue was that the ordering person failed to say which option of the Beef-Broccoli I wanted. Options are sesame and Spicy Orange. They gave me the sesame without inquiring which one. I wanted the orange beef.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

The food was exceptional and so was the service. We had the veggie dumplings, udon noodles, and one of the sushi roll specials of the day. We sat at the bar and watching the chefs roll sushi was entertaining. The service was very friendly and prompt. This place is definitely being added to our list of regular restaurants to visit. We will be back soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

I absolutely love this restaurant. This is my favorite sushi place in the area, and their entrees are just as good... I typically get the mariner shrimp, which is a candied fried shrimp with cashews and white rice. It’s absolutely delicious. I have also had the pad Thai chicken and shrimp, which is equally delicious. I highly recommend this place if you love sushi or want some Asian type of dish.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I tried sushi from many places and there was a place in DC which it was the best until I tried this one in Springfield “wow”. I can only say this, you need to try it. I have no more words to described it but “just delicious”. Sorry I didn’t post any pictures, I was half done with my plate when the idea of taking a picture came to my mind.