All reviews cinnamon buns front desk room was clean huntington metro free breakfast the breakfast area shuttle driver dc area metro station yogurt free parking old town national harbor free shuttle service nice stay hie microwave
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Gave them the benefit of the doubt with 4 stars, since I couldn't give 3.5.

This is an average, average hotel, that with a little extra work could be a very good hotel.

Stayed here for one night, nice location, had no real problems, would stay here again if I had to, but would probably look around for another place first.

We had to park in the back, but the lock on the back door was broken so you had to walk around outside to the front of the building... wasn't very fun in the sleet. One elevator was broken during our stay (but an out of order sign didn't show up on it til the next morning)

Room was clean, but a bit on the small side. It was very hot (even with the heat turned down). Mattress and pillows were very (too) soft, while the bath towels weren't (might even call them abrasive). There were no extra outlets on the night stand, and the top plug on the outlet behind it didn't work. Had to unplug the clock radio to plug in some stuff I needed to keep on the night stand.

The free breakfast was passable and filling, but if you were served it at a restaurant, you'd be unhappy. The pancake machine was broken.

Free wifi was fast, and staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Free parking was also a nice feature, and the neighborhood was decent.

For a place to sleep, traveling by myself it was ok... Wouldn't want to spend extended time in the room. If they fix all the little things, it would be a sure winner.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank marksD5463YN
Freddie G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Good Morning! Thank you for taking your time out to put in a review and let us know about your experience with us! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us beside a few minor setbacks and would like to let you know that we are actively working to rectify those issues and things that cannot be handled in house will be escalated to upper management. Thank you again for your time and your business, and if you have any further comments please feel free to reach out to me at the property level!

Respectfully,

Freddie G.K

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We had an early check in so we didn’t get the king room we reserved— fair enough. The room they gave us, a double queen, had a broken bed, leaky window and about 20 high schoolers hanging out in the hall (well behaved but hanging) Check before you assume there’s a free breakfast as it’s not a buffet. Cheerful staff and a great pool, which is what we cared about. Lots of places within sight of the hotel, so you have choices.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
HolidayInnExpressAlx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Hello, thank you for the review but are you sure you have selected the right hotel for your review?

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Just stayed here for the first time. Great hotel. Only 15 minutes to harbor.
Super comfy beds, perfect pillows, helpful staff, great shower and the best waitress named Betty. She made every morning great for us, super helpful and sweet with a great sense of humor!
Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

I checked into this hotel thinking that it would be OK, but it far exceeded my expectation. The room was very good, clean and conveniently located. But what really got my attention was the exceptional service of John Wickham, when I checked in at about 11 p.m. one night. His pleasant personality and attention to detail were outstanding. I shall return to this hotel in the future, every chance I get.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank DGBusinessTravel

Thank you for your review! We will definitely share your comments with John and glad to hear he made you feel welcomed. We look forward to seeing you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Stayed here for a quick getaway. It is close to the Casino, National Harbor and Outlet shopping. We had a king bed room and it was large, clean and comfortable. Room had a fridge and flat screen TV. Breakfast was fine but I was disappointed that they did not have Cinnamon buns. I have come to love and expect these during our stays. Staff was friendly. Hotel was easy to find and had ample parking.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Freddie G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Good Afternoon, Ken C! Thank you for the 4 star review! I am very glad that overall you did have an enjoyable stay and I would like to apologize for not having the cinnamon rolls available during your stay as they are definitely a staple of our brand. Hopefully, we will see you during your next visit to the Alexandria-DC metro area!