All reviews cinnamon buns front desk room was clean free breakfast the breakfast area dc area yogurt metro station free parking following morning shuttle service would definitely stay here again old town national harbor nice stay hie laundry
Reviewed 6 April 2017

I stayed a few nights at the Holiday Inn Express (Knadle Hall) on Fort Belvoir in March. It's a very basic hotel with basic rooms. The room was average size with a small bathroom. Water pressure was just O.K., not great. It took a little longer than normal to wash and rinse my long hair. The amenities are minimal to include shampoo, conditioner, and bar soap - no shower cap, lotion, or tissues. I had to use toilet paper to remove my make-up. So, bring a small tissue packet or cotton balls.

They have a small fitness center that has 2 treadmills, an elliptical runner, and one weight machine (no free weights). They also have 2 TVs, though, each time I worked out in the early morning, infomercials were on.

Breakfast included your continental breakfast items and some warm items like eggs, bacon, sausage, and pancakes. Wednesday nights, they have an evening social.

Overall, the hotel was adequate and convenient if you have business on Fort Belvoir. If you want a nicer room, reserve a room at the new Staybridge Inn & Suites on Fort Belvoir for about $50 more per night. Staybridge has an evening social on Tuesday nights. If your business is at the NGA facility, consider staying at the Embassy Suites off base. It's closer to the facility.

Date of stay: March 2017
Freddie G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2017

Good afternoon Kiluagal! Thank you for taking your time out to leave a survey about your stay at Holiday Inn Express Knaddle Hall-Fort Belvoir. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience, however, we are located about 5 miles up Richmond Highway, closer to Old Towne Alexandria. Thank you again for taking time out to leave us your review! Have a great weekend!

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 4 April 2017

My husband invited me along on an overnight business trip; on our way there we called and requested to exchange the queen room reserved for him for a king, which they did without fuss. The room was clean & very comfortable. Traffic noise was not a problem.
The front-desk staff, especially Tia, were very gracious and helpful. We wanted to eat at a nice restaurant;Tia told us what was available and when she heard we liked Mexican, recommended a place within walking distance. The food was GREAT! The front desk manager, I've forgotten his name unfortunately, was also extremely helpful and friendly.
The breakfast was good and plentiful, although the egg roll-up things were clearly frozen/re-warmed. Next time I would avoid them.
The husband did his work thing Sat. morning while I explored Old Town Alexandria, which is beautiful and not to miss if you love old architecture, cool shops and lots of ambiance. Naturally, Holiday Inn cannot claim responsibility for this, but they did place their hotel in a prime spot, since it only took 5 min. to get there! Parking is easy to find and the people who work in the Old Town area are CHAMPIONS! Our truck had to be jumped in the parking garage under the Torpedo Factory-- two artists-in-residence, a chef and his assistant from a nearby restaurant (Blackwall Hitch?) came to my rescue SO graciously. I have recommended the hotel and a visit to Old Town to friends already; we hope to bring our family as well.

Room tip: Were only there over night but the king bed was lovely!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Freddie G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Good Evening Rlz2017! Thank you very much for taking your time out to put in a review about your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites! We take great pride in making our guests' feel at home whether they are in town for business, leisure, or a combination visit. The staff have been notified of your compliments and they are all very excited! We are all very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Respectfully,

Reviewed 29 March 2017

Not overly expensive and very clean. The front desk people were very personable and professional. Good breakfast. It was a good location for where we needed to be. Enjoyed the stay and would recommend it.

Room tip: The second floor is actually the ground floor so ask for that.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Good morning Kittyj57! Thank you for taking time out to give us feedback about your recent stay! We greatly appreciate feedback from our guests, as it aids us to consistently provide great service. We look forward to having you stay with us during your next visit to the Alexandria Fort-Belvoir area!

Reviewed 21 March 2017

The staff was friendly and the room was clean. I suggest booking a room on the back side of the Inn due to the traffic noise from Highway 1. The air conditioner is noisy when it cuts on but there is little one can do to fix it. The clock radio did not work.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HolidayInnExpressAlx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Hello Jhedrick,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience at the hotel. I am sorry that we had a room where the clock was not working. We will search the rooms for to ensure this does not happen in the future. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make this right. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to you next visit.

Sincerely, Yvonne Hart-GM

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed for a long weekend for a family gathering. Booking my reservation in the group block was a challenge, but worked out in the end. Once we got to the hotel, everything was great. The rooms were nice and clean. The breakfast daily was just what we needed (although most days the cinnamon rolls were overcooked). The staff was very friendly and accommodating. It was great having a shuttle to Old Town Alexandria. The location was very convenient to the airport, downtown DC and of course Old Town. Would recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello Mags E,

Thank you for staying with us. It's great to see that everyone was friendly. Thank you so much for providing information regarding the breakfast. We will pay closer attention the quality of food. As always, we can't wait to have you as our guest in the future.