All reviews front desk free breakfast free parking dc area huntington metro station richmond highway bagels pool and hot tub short drive sitting area laundry room the free shuttle service a great place to stay pull out couch would stay here again old town two queen beds
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Went for my daughters cheer comp we had 4 adults in room (2 parents and 2 teens). Rooms are huge, comfy queen beds. Buffet breakfast is best I've ever seen/had.
The teens loved the pool and fitness center as well!
I would stay here again definitely!!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Millerdes
Reviewed 10 February 2017

Stayed here multiple times for work. Very conveniently located near Reagan airport. Nice hotel, nice employees. There are restaurants nearby as well as stores in case you want to buy groceries. The pool and workout room are maintained.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2017

My family stayed at this hotel this past weekend. The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. We were very pleased with this hotel. If there were a gripe. The interior walls were not very well insulated and our first night we heard people running up and down the hallways and slamming doors. The front desk was vary receptive to this issue and ensured there were no repeat incidents the following evenings. The included breakfast was plentiful and filling. We will return on our next trip to D.C.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Eva A, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2017

Dear Sportsjunkie66,

Thank you for such a positive feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to your next visit!

Kindly,
Eva A.

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Had a few hiccups but resolved...early check in was delayed due to hotel being sold out he night before... It was nice being able to leave car and take shuttle to Metro before we checked in... Anthony Boykins, our service agent was amazing. He went above and beyond for us. He should be teaching a course in the DC area for all Marriot properties on customer service and problem solving. Way to go Anthony... Cyndi, the GM and her staff were great and very personable and couteous.. We are going back to the area in March and will be sure to stay and Springhill Suites.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank teebee6969
Eva A, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Dear Teebee6969,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Springhill Suites. I will share your comments to the staff and look forward to see you again in March.

Kindly,

Reviewed 19 December 2016

Overall the hotel is just ok. The beds are not comfortable, the breakfast is ok, and the hotel is reasonably maintained. I give this hotel a poor rating because of their customer service. The pool was closed and they kept saying it would open the next day and the next day but it never opened. I paid extra to be at this hotel, instead of the several other brands in that area, because of the pool. I tried to check out as soon as I came in, but they said since I already checked in, I couldn't check out anymore. Although they waited till after check in to tell me this. I am a Marriott member and booked through Marriott. They said they called everyone who booked through Marriott to tell them, but that was a lie. The bathroom shower, toilet and door needed repairs. Every time I asked for the manager, I kept getting the runaround. The whole 3 days I was there, I never saw a manager on the premises. It wasn't until the last day that I was there, and insisted to speak to someone, that they got a front desk manager on the phone. I had to contact the front desk 4 times, before there was any resolution. While the agents were polite, they did not seek to provide me a resolution at all, nor was the manager accessible. I was very disappointed in this customer service, and will not stay here again. A waste of money and a waste of time.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Eva A, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2016

Dear Nahomi C,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. As a valued Marriott Rewards member, we are saddened to hear your experience did not fall in line to what is the norm for our property. I apologize if you were misinformed on the yearly pool maintenance that occurred during your stay. Although we posted on our website that the maintenance was to occur, your feedback has been shared with the staff to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is to be corrected moving forward. I am sorry we missed one another during my time as the weekend manager on duty. Please feel free to contact me directly at 571-481-4441 so I may once again offer my direct apologies. I hope we are able to regain your trust and you are able to visit us once again during your trip to the Alexandria/Washington D.C. area.