All reviews front desk free breakfast free parking dc area huntington metro station richmond highway bagels pool and hot tub short drive spacious rooms sitting area laundry room the free shuttle service a great place to stay pull out couch would stay here again two queen beds
Reviewed 30 September 2016

Our family of five stayed here. We were glad to leave the next day. The first thing that went wrong was the cards for the room and the pool etc . . . did not work. We kept having to go back to the desk for help with the swipe cards. The hotel staff did not apologize for the inconvenience but only stated that they have been having problems lately with the cards. Then there is the internal appearance of the hotel which was generally worn looking. We won't be back to this location.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Eva A, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2016

Dear RC2915,

I am sincerely sorry about the inconveniences with the key cards not working well. This is definitely not the norm for us here. Please give me a call directly to our property (571)481-4441. I would like to regain your trust about our property and personally speak with you.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

My husband and I stayed here with our 2 year old son in a king sized suite. The room was wonderful and clean, the ceilings were high which I loved because it felt larger in the room. A/C worked great and felt nice especially because it was 100 degrees when we came. We had free breakfast which was OK. Several options but the eggs and meat were not too satisfying. I used the laundry room one evening while I was there which was complementary. I only paid for soap and dryer sheets. It worked OK, but very convenient. We did not use the pool. The snack and drink selection was wonderful and the kitchenette in the room was perfect. I loved the shampoos and lotions that they had there, they smelled amazing. One negative was the possibility that my husband and I caught two small roach looking bugs. Not sure what that was all about but overall great stay, close to stores. I wouldn't recommend the Walmart down the street, talk about chaos! Also if you want to leave from here to head home North, such as North to New York, leave at 5AM.

Room tip: We stayed on the first floor near a side door which was convenient to the parking lot.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Eva A, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Dear Adriana H.,

Thank you for your feedback, it has been very helpful. I am pleased to know you enjoyed our hotel and amenities. I am shocked to hear and apologize in advance. We take pest control very serious here. As we have someone come out once or twice a month to inspect and treat, if needed. I want to offer my deepest apologies and would like if you can call me to personally give my apology (571) 481-4441.

Eva Amaya

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 8 nights while on vacation. This hotel is great. Staff is very friendly and attentive. Room was very comfortable and clean. Absolutely no complaints. Location is perfect. They have a free shuttle to take you to the train station or you can easily drive to DC in about 12 to 15 minutes with easy traffic if you don't go at rush hour. There are lots of restaurants nearby and several that will deliver to the hotel. King Street in Old Town is only about 10 mins or less away and there are great shops and restaurants there. Trust us, this is a great place to stay for so many reasons!!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Eva A, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Dear KTabby,

Thank you for your amazing feedback. We are thrilled you enjoyed your vacation with us. We strive to make every guest stay a memorable one and hope we have made a loyal guest.

Eva Amaya

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel because the Gaylord convention center hotel was completely book and the Marriott recommended this hotel as the closer option available. I stayed 3 nights. Complementary breakfast was above average. The rooms were spacious, and my bed was comfortable.The hotel faces the Richmond highway and you can hear partially the street noise if you stay on that side of the building. Overall, Place was clean and neat. The pool does open 5-10 not sure why. In general, this is a good place to stay, offering good hospitality at a very reasonable price.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Eva A, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Dear G_couple2014,

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted this was a good location for you to get back and forth from the convention. I am thrilled you slept, ate and enjoyed all our amenities to the fullest. Please come stay with us again, if you travels bring you back to the Alexandria/Washington DC area.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

I stayed in this hotel August 19. The hotel is well maintained, well positioned, quiet and service is friendly and professional. Beds are comfortable and room clean and even though I was close to elevator there was no noise (soundproof is professional). When you put the address in GPS the map shows the Holiday Inn that is one block away. No to worry just follow up the directions and you will see the hotel. They offer a free breakfast as well, which is good. parking is free as well. I certainly recommend this hotel for both leisure and business.

Room tip: Ask for a room on the parking side. They are quieter.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Eva A, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Dear Albina722,

Thank you for your amazing review about our hotel! I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope we have made a loyal guest and hope you stay with us when your travels bring you back to the area.