“A drink and a bite”
Review of Columbia Firehouse

Columbia Firehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Columbia Firehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 877 Restaurants in Alexandria
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Cross street: King St.
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Met up with a date for a drink. We also ordered the oysters, hummus and cheese dip. The appetizers were all tasty. Service was good. We sat at the bar. The place was really interesting with multiple dining areas.
Prices were a bit high, but everything else was good.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Went at noon on a Saturday for lunch. However we found the available breakfast items on the brunch menu more appealing then the lunch choices. We were very happy with our decisions on Bacon Cinnamon buns and omelets.

The atmosphere is great especially in the bar area with the huge wood bar and stained glass in the ceiling.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Came here twice, once in 2015 and once in 2016. The first time, was amazing! Food was great and service was amazing. The second time, they didn't have any of the soda I asked for in stock (3 different types), however, the food was still great. The prices are a little high if you're looking for a more budget-friendly place to eat, however, this place is good for any occasion.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

Like another reviewer said down below, I really wanted to love this place, but overall the experience was just OK.

The space is great - both indoor and on their enclosed outdoor patio.

We went during restaurant week and ordered a salad and the cheese dip as our starters, steak and crabcakes for the entree and tried each dessert option (one chocolate, one key lime). The salad and dip were good, my boyfriend enjoyed his crabcakes and I thought my dish was OK.

The biggest issue that left me unsatisfied with the evening was the service. Our waiter never brought requested drink refills, and on his singular check of our status only directed his question to my boyfriend. Generally he was just not around throughout the meal. The restaurant wasn't overly crowded and he seemed to be paying attention to his other tables, so I'm not sure why we were virtually ignored.

I see a lot of other great reviews so hopefully my experience was a fluke, but with so many restaurants to choose from in Old Town I'm not sure I'll be returning to this one.

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

We visited during Restaurant Week with a couple that lives in Alexandria. The special included a starter, supper choice and dessert. We each ordered something different so we could share. Everything was fabulous. While it is not a cheap dinner, the food is spectacular, the service very attentive and the atmosphere ideal for a night out as a couple, with family or with friends.